Forums / Rules Meeting / Preserve core member listings...

Preserve core member listings while I.D.ing guest musicians

TommyRhodeen · 1 reply

Preserve core member listings while I.D.ing guest musicians
TommyRhodeen
6 years ago
Feb 19, 2018 - 7:37pm
I've searched the forums on Rule 7 to see if an idea has been considered that would:

> Identify guest musicians' contributions on a recording
> Preserve the core listings of band members that is unique to bandtoband.com

I may have a solution. Has this idea been explored? Please see below.

Add a Guest Musicians box beneath the Members box to the current "Add New Album" form.

All core members of a band on a recording are listed in the Members box.

Any guest musicians on a recording are listed in the Guest Musicians box.

The members (core band members) create the type of links currently used on the website.

Any guest musicians on a recording are identified as Guest Musicians, creating links between their individual artist page and the New Album (and vice versa).

For example, if Michael McKagan : "Duff" from Guns N Roses is a guest musician on another band's album (the New Album being added), it would create a link between the New Album and [www.bandtoband.com] BUT it would NOT create a link between the New Album and Guns N Roses.

This would preserve core listings, ensuring that the 2 degrees of separation effect does not falsely make bands appear to be connected, while recognizing the contributions of guest musicians that are essential to a recording.

Thoughts? Thank you.
···
Mark
6 years ago
Mar 18, 2018 - 3:48am
This is a neat idea. We'd have 67,330 entries to review, but it sure would add more data to the site.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005