Forums / Research / [ ] Little Annie/Annie Anxiety

[ ] Little Annie/Annie Anxiety

Ruiter · 6 replies

[ ] Little Annie/Annie Anxiety
Ruiter
9 months ago
May 31, 2023 - 3:44am
[www.discogs.com]
says "Annie Anxiety born Ann Robie Bandes O’Connor, grew up in Yonkers, a New York City suburb two miles north and a world away from Manhattan", I've added her to the db as "Ann O'Connor".

I'm not sure though. Other sources claim her last name is either Bandes or Bandez. I checked with copyright.gov, but I couldn't find her there. Who knows a good source?

Also this compilation features a track by Annie Anxiety And The Asexuals:
[www.discogs.com]
the members are credited under their aliases, but I can't find out who's who. I could use some help, since this could be a nice bridge between US punk and the European electronic scene.
···
Bloopy
9 months ago
May 31, 2023 - 4:45am
Double barrelled surname with a hyphen in this database:
[www.ascap.com]
Annie Robie Bandes-O'Connor
···
Ruiter
9 months ago
May 31, 2023 - 2:24pm
Okay, thanks. I've changed her name to:
Annie Robie Bandes-O'Connor||Little Annie
since Robie can also be a surname:
[www.houseofnames.com]
···
Bloopy
9 months ago
Jun 1, 2023 - 4:53am
Just because Robie can be a surname doesn't mean it is in this case. It's not uncommon for typical surnames to be used as middle names to preserve some family heritage or for whatever reason. Surely it was obvious she started with Bandes and maybe added the O'Connor later based on your findings!
···
Ruiter
9 months ago
Jun 5, 2023 - 1:04am
You're right, but I'm leaving it for now until new evidence pops up.
···
Bloopy
9 months ago
Jun 5, 2023 - 4:58am
Oh dear... I should've mentioned I wrote out her name differently to how it actually appears in ASCAP. It's given as:

BANDES-O'CONNOR ANNIE ROBIE

Robie is one hundred percent her middle name based on that ordering. Not credited with it so no go in B2B.
···
Ruiter
9 months ago
Jun 8, 2023 - 3:15pm
Oh dear! Removed the middle name.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005