Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Three Hanks - is this elig...

[x] Three Hanks - is this eligible?

pin_punk · 3 replies

[x] Three Hanks - is this eligible?
pin_punk
13 years ago
Mar 4, 2011 - 2:43pm
[en.wikipedia.org]
[www.discogs.com]

It's a bunch of cobbled together songs at least some of which feature all three of Hank Williams Sr, Hank Williams Jr and Hank III. Based on the cover it seems to be credited to 'Three Hanks' which is obviously a band name - very straightforward so far.

Problem 1 - the original Hank had been dead for four decades before this was created which raises the old posthumous membership issue again.

Problem 2 - the discogs link suggests that individual songs might be credited to various combinations of the three rather than just to an overall band name (i.e. Three Hanks).

Even so, this predates all Hank III's solo work so we could still get an artist called something like 'Hank Sr., Hank Jr., Hank III' in, as unwieldy as that seems.

Any thoughts - can we use this to get the other two HW's in without breaking any rules?
···
Mark
13 years ago
Mar 4, 2011 - 7:06pm
On Problem 2, more unhelpful packaging is here:
[music-planet.sbb-net.dk]

On Problem 1, I don't think it's possible to overcome the fact that Hank #1 never joined this band. Assuming that the other two guys collaborated in some way, I could envision this going in as a two-member band.
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Mar 4, 2011 - 11:10pm
I agree that Hank Sr cannot (either as a band or a collab) be connected through this. He was dead. That makes it difficult to give informed consent.
···
scott
13 years ago
Mar 5, 2011 - 3:04am
I disagree with miterpomp, for my previously stated reasons.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005