Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] split / comp / shared ?

[x] split / comp / shared ?

Python · 5 replies

[x] split / comp / shared ?
Python
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 3:54pm
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 4:02pm
if it's only available on dvd than it might be a soundtrack? otherwise i'd say multi-band comp (more than 2 artists).
···
pin_punk
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 4:56pm
I don't think the fact that it's only available on DVD (I think) really matters - it's essentially a live album but it happens to feature four bands rather than one. And if I remember rightly it was previously decided that a split could only have two bands, which makes it a multi band comp for me.
···
Python
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 6:21pm
Actually, it's also available on Blu-Ray (not that it matters) but also as a limited box set which includes the shows on CD, so the format isn't really relevant imo.
Shouldn't this be a 'shared release' then? It's not really a compilation either.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 7:19pm
The shared and split categories are only for releases that feature just two bands. The best category for this package right now is a multi-band compilation. Did you go to any of these shows?
···
Python
13 years ago
Nov 5, 2010 - 8:14pm
I didn't attend any of those shows; I don't think they did any shows relatively close to Belgium (unless you count the UK but you can't drive to the UK :-) ). I've seen them all at least once live before but if they do another Big 4 tour and they play Belgium I'll be there.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005