Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Soundtrack stylings

[x] Soundtrack stylings

pin_punk · 3 replies

[x] Soundtrack stylings
pin_punk
14 years ago
Mar 18, 2010 - 1:57pm
At the risk of creating lots of tedious revision work, does anyone agree that we shoud have standard titling rules for soundtracks?

At the moment some have got 'Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' or 'Original Soundtrack' or 'Music From The Motion Picture' in the title:
[bandtoband.com]
[bandtoband.com]
[bandtoband.com]

And some don't, despite the same sort of subtitles being clearly visible on the cover:
[bandtoband.com]
[bandtoband.com]

Two conflicting viewpoints:
1) We put in all the 'Original Soundtrack/Music From the Motion Picture' type subtitles to most accurately reflect what's on the front cover (or spine or centre label or whatever).
2) All such subtitles are superfluous because all our soundtracks conveniently show up with the word 'soundtrack' after them anyway.

Not exactly a burning issue but standardisation is always a good thing, no?
···
Mark
13 years ago
Feb 25, 2011 - 1:46pm
I agree that we should standardize. I like #2 because it's cleaner and I think that different contributors reach different conclusions regarding the text in #1, as the rest of your post demonstrates. Anyone else?
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Feb 25, 2011 - 1:49pm
i agree with Mark. seems pretty easy to use the the title of the movie as the title of the soundtrack.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Mar 17, 2011 - 2:45am
I just changed all the cited examples for consistency with this approach, and I'm getting to work on others in the database. New sightings can go in the Shambles forum.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005