Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Non-playing member query

[x] Non-playing member query

pin_punk · 2 replies

[x] Non-playing member query
pin_punk
17 years ago
May 25, 2006 - 4:26pm
So I was going to queue all the Vandals' records and I ran into a query on their "Look What I Almost Stepped In.." album.

On the back cover both regular drummer Josh Freese and Bad Religion/Infectious Grooves drummer Brooks Wackerman are credited as playing drums on the record. So far, so multiple lineup. However, inside the booklet it says that Wackerman played drums on tracks 1-14, which is in fact every track. Freese appears in the band pciture inside, and gets another individual picture and credit along with the other three regular Vandals, while Wackerman doesn't.

So either this is a multiple lineup album, even though Freese didn't play a note; or Wackerman is a band member because he played on every track, but Freese isn't because he didn't play at all; or Freese is a member because, well, he's actually IN the Vandals, and Wackerman ain't because he ain't. I'm leaning towards Freese but not Wackerman being a member but wanted confirmation.
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
May 25, 2006 - 6:40pm
If you don't play - you don't get in - simple as that. So Freese (according to your research) may have been a member but doesn't get recorded here.

Wackerman obviously passes the 'plays on' test - only your research will tell if he was a member or a guest.
MrP Is Correct
Kevin
17 years ago
May 26, 2006 - 1:54am
MrP is dead-on with the "no play, no credit" call. If Brooks wasn't a member of the Vandals (I don't think he was) then they techincally don't have a drummer for our purposes on that album.

Kevin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005