[x] more posthumous membership

shakinghell · 9 replies

[x] more posthumous membership
shakinghell
13 years ago
Feb 13, 2011 - 10:38pm
[www.bandtoband.com]
the thing that gets me is:
"Later when Daz left Death Row, he literally stole an unknown amount of Tupac's unreleased masters, some of which can be heard on this EP. The only track left untouched by Daz is "They Don't Give a Fucc About Us", all other tracks were remixed and Daz also added him self onto tracks he originally didn't appear on. This was all thought to be slightly funny by the Tupac fans, since Daz was marketing this EP as an original collaboration album.""
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 13, 2011 - 11:17pm
Just no, no way (in my opinion). That way lies madness - I can co-opt anything old and stick myself on it with a new band name, even when it seems to be something that got legally challenged successfully and make a band out of it. I'll be in The Beatles, Led Zeppelin and The Carpenters by Christmas...
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Feb 13, 2011 - 11:26pm
I agree.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 2:58am
Do you remember when John F. Kennedy and Franklin D. Roosevelt joined Living Colour for "Cult Of Personality"? I wish they hadn't left the band so soon afterward.
···
scott
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 3:10am
I'll give you this one due to the questionable legality of the release.

If JFK's heirs, FDR's heirs and Living Color all considered them band members, then I say that they get in.
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 4:59am
could we still use the entry and say that 2pac was a guest?
···
Matt Westwood
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 6:15am
I like misterpomp's idea. I've been trying to see whether we can get The Carpenters in for ages.
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 6:10pm
To scott. I suspect you were half-jesting but it raises a valid point and one which I would totally disagree with - the artist's heirs cannot give any valid opnion on this. If that needs encapsulating as a rule - let's do it.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 7:12pm
Bizarrely, this discussion about non-human members involves some of the same issues:

[www.bandtoband.com]
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 14, 2011 - 11:05pm
Well, I'm glad to see that (possibly for the first time) I appear to have taken a consistent stance...
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005