Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Marc Riley with The Creepe...

[x] Marc Riley with The Creepers

MattB · 4 replies

[x] Marc Riley with The Creepers
MattB
17 years ago
Sep 27, 2006 - 9:51pm
I'm trying to work out what to do with Marc Riley with The Creepers.

When Marc Riley left the Fall he released a couple of singles under his own name. After this the band (same "members") became Marc Riley with The Creepers. Finally, after a lineup change the band became simply "The Creepers" (Marc Riley was still a member).

Am I correct to suppose that for the first two singles Marc Riley is a solo artist. After this it is a new band called "Marc Riley with The Creepers", and finally another new band called "The Creepers"?

Or, does this fall under rule 6b? If it does, I guess I am still right by 6d?
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Sep 27, 2006 - 10:22pm
I think this one is still under discussion. You are right - at the minute these are all separate entries as three 'bands'; Riley solo, Marc Riley And The Creepers and The Creepers. This is not, I think, disagred with by anyone. The area still being debated is that our current rules mean that the middle of those is a collaboration since Riley & The Creepers have released material independently. The alternate view is that The Creepers can't exist without Riley and therefore it makes no sense to make him collaborate with them. But as I say - the rules currently are clear.
···
MattB
17 years ago
Sep 27, 2006 - 10:39pm
Thanks. I'm glad I'm understanding the rules correctly! I share your unease about the collaboration, but I can live with it.

I have a further question though - the album "Cull" is a compilation of the Marc Riley singles and the first MR with the Creepers single. The cover clearly says "MR with the Creepers", but I guess this is (by the rules) a split release? Or is it a MR with the Creepers release with two lineups?
3 Bands
Kevin
17 years ago
Sep 30, 2006 - 6:21pm
MrP's interpritation is definitely correct, it's 3 bands (a reverse Frank Zappa & MOI situation). As for the 2nd situation there are a few different possibilities but I'd suggest first getting it into the system so we can take a look at it.

Kevin
···
MattB
17 years ago
Oct 1, 2006 - 10:48pm
OK - will do.

In fact - have done!
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005