Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Journey - Eclipse/Ecl1p53

[x] Journey - Eclipse/Ecl1p53

Python · 2 replies

[x] Journey - Eclipse/Ecl1p53
Python
12 years ago
Jun 15, 2011 - 6:22pm
Anyone have an opinion about Journey's new album title? The album is called "Eclipse" but is stylized "Ecl1p53" throughout all the artwork. Their album "Escape" is similarly stylized on the cover as "E5c4p3" but on my copy of the album, the spine clearly says "Escape".

How do we treat the new album title? "Ecl1p53" as it appears everywhere on the packaging or "Eclipse" because otherwise everybody looking for it won't find it on the site....

Also, they probably didn't intend for the album to be pronounced as "ecl-one-p-fiftythree"
···
Python
12 years ago
Jun 30, 2011 - 11:54am
I've been thinking about this some more (after I saw the band play at Graspop last Friday - great show). If I remember correctly, we once had a discussion about AC/DC's Fly On The Wall: on the cover, the y is replaced by a fly crawling out of a hole in a wall. We decided that was pure stylistic (so not FlO On The Wall or Fl-fly On The Wall). The only difference here is that on the AC/DC album the spine does say "Fly On The Wall".

Also, I'm pretty sure that I have seen bands in the database that use the character Ǝ in their name instead of a regular E. We don't use a 'mirrored e' in those cases either.

So I guess my vote goes to "Eclipse", not "Ecl1p53".
···
Mark
12 years ago
Jul 4, 2011 - 2:23am
[www.journeymusic.com] tells us what Journey thinks the title is. I understand your reasoning, but let's go with the title as it is consistently presented on the packaging. See also [www.bandtoband.com]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005