Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Image of vinyl or sleeve?

[x] Image of vinyl or sleeve?

Python · 4 replies

[x] Image of vinyl or sleeve?
Python
12 years ago
May 25, 2011 - 8:18pm
Is there a rule on when to use a picture of the vinyl and when to use a picture of a sleeve for old recordings? E.g the single Maybe Baby by The Crickets which is currently sitting in the queue has a picture of a standard Brunswick 7" sleeve. Does this sleeve provide any added value to the site? Wouldn't it be better to just use a picture of the vinyl instead? I assume this sleeve wasn't exclusive to this release so if they didn't bother to design a sleeve for this single, why would we include one on the site?
···
misterpomp
12 years ago
May 26, 2011 - 7:05am
Personally, I prefer the sleeve. If that's how it was sold, I see no reason to strip the sleeve off.
···
scott
12 years ago
May 26, 2011 - 5:13pm
I think we generally exclude the sleeve if it is white, but otherwise include it.
···
Mark
12 years ago
May 26, 2011 - 6:18pm
That's right. Even the standard label sleeves reveal something about the release. Often they are one of the ways to determine whether we've found (and displayed) a first pressing or later pressing:

[www.bandtoband.com]
[www.bandtoband.com]
[www.bandtoband.com]
···
Matt Westwood
12 years ago
May 26, 2011 - 8:23pm
Gotta keep the sleeves, man! They remind me of my "collector" days when I'd buy a crap single just cos it had a sleeve on it that I hadn't seen before.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005