[x] complicated crediting

shakinghell · 1 reply

[x] complicated crediting
shakinghell
12 years ago
Jun 21, 2011 - 5:44am
[www.bandtoband.com]
can i get a second opinion on this one?

the overall album is credited as a collaboration between two groups (possibly without connectivity) but the tracks are credited to various combinations of solo collaborators (definitely with previous solo).
···
Mark
12 years ago
Nov 12, 2011 - 9:37pm
[www.discogs.com] has the scans.

I really don't think those credits on the back cover are meant to be new independent "released by" credits. They look more like songwriting or vocal credits, all the more so because they're in parentheses instead of set apart more prominently. If there is any doubt, I think we should err on the side of simplicity. Combining a "released by" entry with a collaboration seems like a nightmare that we don't need to have.

The overall release appears to be credited to R&G/Schimpfluch-Gruppe. The song credits make this look collaborative effort of members from both bands, which leans us away from a split and toward a collaboration/band situation. The next step is to determine whether there are any independent releases by the two bands (I haven't done that).

Regarding participants with membership status, at a minimum I would expect that any participant who is in either band should be recognized as a band member here. That would include Lanz too, even if his participation is small.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005