Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] Collaborations / Connected...

[x] Collaborations / Connectedness

misterpomp · 2 replies

[x] Collaborations / Connectedness
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 9, 2011 - 6:02pm
Random proposal from me to revisit this entirely.

Let's do away with collabs. Any release where more than 1 party is credited equally automatically becomes a linking entry without reference to previous releases. However, also represent these albums within the discography of each linked band.

So, taking an imaginary album called 'Joined' by two bands A and B who go on this album as 'A and B', represent it as follows:
- The album would be called 'Joined' and its primary view would be as 'Joined' by 'A and B'
- Within the discography of A, the album would show as 'Joined (collab with B)' with the appropriate members of A showing as the line-up
- the reverse applies for B
- there would remain a discography for 'A and B'. In this the membership links of each artist (ie whether they are part of A or B) would be clear (unlike now when the rules say there is no A or B for this release but only 'A and B')
- for (as an example) the guitarist in 'A' (let's call him Mr G.), his discography would show 'Joined' by 'A (collab with B)'

This is different to what we currently have as I don't envisage 3 separate entries but it should be possible to capture in a single album entry all the detail required.

Views?
···
Mark
13 years ago
Feb 9, 2011 - 6:37pm
I absolutely love this idea.
···
scott
13 years ago
Feb 9, 2011 - 9:19pm
Me too.
© BandToBand.com