Forums / Rules Meeting / [x] collaborations

[x] collaborations

Python · 2 replies

[x] collaborations
Python
18 years ago
Oct 5, 2005 - 6:58pm
The first Bon Jovi album contains the song "Runaway" which was recorded before the band Bon Jovi even existed. It was recorded by Jon and "The All Star Review".

Are there any rules that would forbid an entry for the band "The All Star Review" which collaberated with the solo artist Jon Bon Jovi for a song on an album released by the band Bon Jovi?

The band Bon Jovi has already been submitted so Jon Bon Jovi should be in the db soon. "The All Star Review" has Roy Bittan in their lineup who also plays in The E Street Band. Assuming my submission for Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band makes it into the db, "The All Star Review" also has a member in the db.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Oct 8, 2005 - 6:04am
Under what name was the Runaway single formally released? I always thought it was released by a "Bon Jovi" that consisted of Jon and session musicians (presumably the members of The All Star Review).
···
Python
18 years ago
Oct 8, 2005 - 1:11pm
I have no Idea. It was probably under the name "Bon Jovi". The booklet of the s/t says: "Runaway recorded with the All Star Review"; followed by the four names of those guys. I'll see if I can find any more info on this one.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005