Forums / Rules Meeting / noob question.

noob question.

Josh · 13 replies

noob question.
Josh
8 years ago
Apr 8, 2016 - 11:50pm
How does one get their band(s) listed on this site?
···
Iezuz
8 years ago
Apr 9, 2016 - 10:47pm
If at least one of your bandmates has a Sabbath number < ∞ (only accounting for releases) it is quite probable it might get here eventually.
···
pin_punk
8 years ago
Apr 10, 2016 - 3:30pm
The easiest way is to email all the relevant details (band name, title, labels, release date, lineup, cover, any online sources that confirm your info) to the address at the bottom of the page. But you or one of your bandmates will need to already be listed, or have been in a band with someone who is - the whole point is that every band listed here connects to every other band listed.
···
pkasting
8 years ago
Apr 13, 2016 - 5:31pm
To extend on that --

If necessary, you can give us info about a chain of releases which eventually get your band(s) in.

For example, let's say your band (1) released an album with membership A, B, C, and D. None of these are currently on the site. However, A was also a member of another band's (2) release with E and F, and C was in a band (3) with G. Sadly, none of those are here either! But G was a member of yet another band (4) alongside someone who's listed here as a member of (for example) Counting Crows.

In this case, what you'd need to submit is:
* A release from band 4 with membership of at least the Counting Crows member and G.
* A release from band 3 with at least G and C.
* A release from band 1 with at least C.

Each of these hooks into the existing database via the previous item.

For each of those releases, supply as much info as you can from what pin_punk listed (and recording dates too if you have them). We'll want to verify the information, so either pointing us at online sources that match or explaining why existing online resources that disagree with your info are mistaken are helpful.

If you get really excited and start wanting to submit lots of releases by different bands, you can eventually gain privileges to submit those to the verification queue directly, as well as verify other people's submissions.

Best wishes!
···
Josh
7 years ago
May 11, 2016 - 8:13am
So, for example:

I was in a band with two guys from the Sick Sick Birds, a (killer) band on this site, in 1999 [www.last.fm]

Is LastFM good enough? If so I'll start putting together the other info.
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
May 11, 2016 - 10:31am
Cool, I take it it's Eric & Matt from Sick Sick Birds. I started adding the first release from info here which gives us the cover image and who played on it:
[www.angelfire.com]

For that one we'd also like to get:
- Full names of yourself and Jason
- A photo or scan showing how the title is spelled (if there is one), given it's not on the front cover
- Release month or date if known
- Recording year (or months/dates) if known

Similar deal with any other releases. Not seeing them online so need a scan or photo of the front cover, and a confirmation of recording lineup(s). Pics of inserts showing lineup as printed help too. The tape handed out at shows would qualify.
···
Mark
7 years ago
May 13, 2016 - 12:05am
Josh, log out and then log back in. Once you do that, you should be able to access [www.bandtoband.com] and start adding the details that everyone else listed.

Did you know that Mike from Sick Sick Birds used to be a contributor to this site? SSB and my band played together at Sidebar a few years ago.
···
Josh
7 years ago
May 15, 2016 - 8:04am
I used to do sound at the Sidebar. I may have worked that show, depending on how many years it was. Mike told me about this site a while ago, and I'm finally getting around to it.

He's got a new band with the Dead Mechanical guys called Sea Lilies. I expect it to knock socks off.
New Band!
hallmt18
7 years ago
Sep 11, 2016 - 5:51am
Sea Lilies: [sealilies.bandcamp.com]

I need to get someone to press some records so I can get this release on bandtoband!! Ha.
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Sep 12, 2016 - 12:45am
We add digital releases as well, so I've started entering Sea Lilies under that for now.

Perhaps you can poke Josh or Matt to get us the rest of the details on Heroin Addicts and other related bands. I take it it's the Josh on Facebook who likes the Ramones /a lot/, haha.
heroin addicts
hallmt18
7 years ago
Sep 17, 2016 - 2:25am
I will tell those fellows to get that stuff submitted post haste!
Thumbs
hallmt18
7 years ago
Sep 19, 2016 - 12:30pm
One of these days I need to get the rest of the THumbs records on here.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Nov 22, 2017 - 1:43am
I got the missing names for the Heroin Addicts entry, so it's patiently waiting to be verified and published.
Baltimore
kribbit
6 years ago
Dec 27, 2017 - 2:39am
I have just been poking around again, I have gotten into a few Baltimore (or surrounding areas) bands lately, I'll have to check out these bands you all are talking about.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005