Forums / Rules Meeting / [ ] Collab with partners who d...

[ ] Collab with partners who don't perform

Matt Westwood · 4 replies

[ ] Collab with partners who don't perform
Matt Westwood
8 years ago
Apr 25, 2015 - 12:30pm
I have found this entity:
[www.discogs.com]

... which would appear at first sight to be a collab between 4 people:

Esther Ofarim · Eberhard Schoener · Wolf Wondratschek · Ulf Miehe

... and because WW and UM appear not to have released any previous solo (nothing else at all, even), this won't be a collaboration despite EO and ES's extensive back catalogues.

But it turns out that WW and UM don't actually perform at all, but are there merely as writers.

So that leaves Esther Ofarim and Eberhard Schoener as the sole performers. But because they have previous, that would make this a 2-person collab.

How do we enter this - a band called "Esther Ofarim · Eberhard Schoener · Wolf Wondratschek · Ulf Miehe" consisting of just the 2, which defaults from being a collab because the other two haven't performed, despite being a named part of the band?

Or a 2-way collab between EO and ES thus removing WW and UM from the band completely?

I confess to preferring the first option.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
May 11, 2015 - 1:23am
It's odd, but at least the front cover and centre labels agree about the band name. I think that since Wolf and Ulf don't perform, it's irrelevant as to whether they have prior solo or not. Because those two are not, as the rules say, "performing in conjunction". I'd put it in as one band. You can argue it's equivalent to having something that's more obviously a band name, eg:

Esther Ofarim & Eberhard Schoener's Wolf/Ulf Experience

Esther Ofarim, Eberhard Schoener And Their Cat Arnold

We didn't consider Arnold a performer either, so we never asked if he had any prior solo:
[www.bandtoband.com]
···
shakinghell
8 years ago
May 12, 2015 - 3:50am
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
May 12, 2015 - 7:37am
Indeed. I'm thinking that Björk & David Arnold is as much a one-woman band as Karen Mantler And Her Cat Arnold is.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005