Forums / Research / [x] Mockers (NZ)

[x] Mockers (NZ)

Bloopy · 4 replies

[x] Mockers (NZ)
Bloopy
9 years ago
Oct 6, 2014 - 1:26am
[www.discogs.com]

I've been looking for a way to connect in some of New Zealand's punk/hard rock/metal bands, particularly from the Taranaki and Waikato areas. The Mockers with their somewhat revolving lineup and long list of releases might be a good place to start, since the following connection can be made:

Mockers -> Skapa -> Tyrant -> Blackjack -> Sticky Filth

edit: Mockers member Tim Wedde is in the database, so that should do it. Added a few releases.
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Oct 10, 2014 - 12:17pm
Ah, Mockers are in. I've piled 9 other bands into their subtree so far. There's more to come, though a couple of key ones are a bit obscure or difficult to pin down lineups for. It'd be nice to see Sticky Filth make it in soon though. Great band!
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Oct 16, 2014 - 4:14am
Queued up a connection to Australian band Machine Gun Fellatio, although that didn't really lead me anywhere. The maximum path length would've been getting really long, but I also found a 2nd connection via some Hamilton/Waikato bands which will shorten it a little bit.
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Dec 10, 2014 - 10:22am
Just thought I'd make one last post on this topic. Thanks for the help in making Sticky Filth live on the site. By my count there's now another 19 bands queued up which depended on Tyrant/Blackjack/Sticky Filth getting in. I'm sure with a bit of digging I could get info on a few more, but all the ones I wanted to add have been entered now. So... happy verifying!

No doubt when I find a link to somewhere more central in the tree you'll hear about it in the Shortcut thread.
···
Matt Westwood
9 years ago
Dec 11, 2014 - 7:23pm
Length of path is never a problem. Makes it more fun anyway.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005