Forums / Research / [x] Code Of Honor (Sal Paradis...

[x] Code Of Honor (Sal Paradise, Johnithin Christ)

bgzimmer · 4 replies

[x] Code Of Honor (Sal Paradise, Johnithin Christ)
bgzimmer
14 years ago
Aug 22, 2010 - 11:41pm
Any leads on the real name of Sal Paradise, drummer for Sick Pleasure and Code Of Honor? Since that's the protagonist of Kerouac's "On The Road" it's an obvious pseudonym.

Some info:

[homepages.nyu.edu]
"Sal Paradise, who is well respected in the San Francisco scene for his drum skills, was born in Washington DC but grew up in England, where he was in several bands before he came to S.F."

[ponk-111.blogspot.com]
"Sal Paradise - drums - was in Code Of Honor after Sick Pleasure and was later deported to England. Or so Nicki tells me."

The family tree on the Sick Pleasure EP insert shows Sal in a U.K. band called Icky Semi-Men and a Texas band called Entropy in his pre-S.F. days:

[i.ebayimg.com]

And what about Johnithin Christ of Society Dog and Code Of Honor? He apparently used that name for business as co-owner of Savage Jaw Records in Phoenix:

[www.merchantcircle.com]

His online obits in 2009 didn't list any other name (but one mentioned "daughters Reid and Megan and son Ian, sisters Susan, Cindy, and Pam, girlfriend Linda, and best friend Vince").

(At least I was able to find the real name for Nicki Sicki of Code Of Honor and Verbal Abuse, since BMI.com has him as Roy Hansen.)
···
bgzimmer
14 years ago
Aug 23, 2010 - 1:47am
Sal wrote comments on these posts using the name Rupert Garcia:

[www.punkvinyl.com]
[www.punkvinyl.com]

I thought that might just be a nom de web, but it gets a "real name" attribution on Amazon, so that's good enough for me:

[www.amazon.co.uk]

As for Johnithin Christ, he left comments on the 2006 Punkvinyl post, saying he ended up as "an advertising exec for a publishing co.", but gave no indication of what his real name was.
···
Jasoon
14 years ago
Aug 23, 2010 - 2:06am
[www.punkvinyl.com]
"According to a comment left on this site by his daughter, John Powers, better known as Jonathin Christ from Code of Honor, passed away yesterday from heart failure."
···
bgzimmer
14 years ago
Aug 23, 2010 - 3:06am
Thanks, Jasoon. Missed that one.
Sal Paradise's real name!!
salparadisefan01
5 years ago
Jun 9, 2019 - 11:22am
It's Rupert! He is great.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005