Forums / Research / [x] Bad Brains, Black Sabbath

[x] Bad Brains, Black Sabbath

Mark · 4 replies

[x] Bad Brains, Black Sabbath
Mark
6 years ago
Jul 26, 2017 - 12:53am
[www.bandtoband.com] is missing ghost Taj Singleton, another artist not yet in the database.

[www.bandtoband.com] is arguably missing ghost Jeff Fenholt.

We can't add them as ghost members yet because neither artist is otherwise in the database, which does not allow ghost-only artists.

Can anyone help figure out routes to them?
···
Jasoon
6 years ago
Jan 4, 2018 - 3:36am
Ghost Jeff Fenholt is now in the queue as part of Joshua (US 1)
···
Mark
6 years ago
Jan 6, 2018 - 2:07am
Nice! I was just trying Taj Singleton again last week. Thanks for finding this connection.

Now the question is whether to add him to that Black Sabbath release. www.black-sabbath.com has a ton of detail on Fenholt's involvement in the sessions that morphed from Tony Iommi solo to Black Sabbath Featuring Tony Iommi. The site comes down against including Fenholt as a member of Black Sabbath.

We already include everybody else who participated in those sessions so it seems silly not to include Fenholt, all the more so because the more B2B-ish question is whether Fenholt was a member of whatever was happening at the time of the recording.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Jan 7, 2018 - 7:54am
My thoughts are that Copley and Fenholt should either both be in, or both be out. If the band name had been Tony Iommi Band, you'd definitely include them. So under a band name called Black Sabbath Featuring Tony Iommi it seems ok to keep them.

If it had been simply Black Sabbath it might be more controversial. Actually, we may never know the full extent of how much demo material made it onto the album, but that's a can of worms best left sealed. Fenholt seems to think it was a lot. So even though Copley's bass only made it onto 'No Stranger to Love', it's possible that other tracks could have guitar or drums from the Fenholt era, eg. 'Heart Like a Wheel' on this:
[www.bandtoband.com]
···
Mark
6 years ago
Jan 7, 2018 - 5:57pm
I think you really nailed it. I ghosted Fenholt in lineup A because he was definitely in the picture when Copley did that bass track.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005