Forums / Research / World / Inferno Friendship Soc...

World / Inferno Friendship Society

AlexCraig · 4 replies

World / Inferno Friendship Society
AlexCraig
17 years ago
Jun 23, 2006 - 9:50pm
We've got an early release by the band in the site, but I know that most of their more recent releases have included the member Franz Nicolay ( [bandtoband.com] ), who appears on b2b as a member of The Hold Steady and Anti Social Music ( [www.franznicolay.com] ). I would love to get some of their releases with Franz into the site to connect those distant groups of bands yet I am having a lot of trouble finding anything that can verify for sure a lineup for any specific World / Inferno release (especially since they have such a large and constantly revolving lineup).

On a sidenote I would also love to get in any World / Inferno releases that includes their current drummer Benjamin Kotch because he apparently was a member of the band Eve's Plum with the girl who would go on to become the pop singer Vitamin C! (from here: [en.wikipedia.org] )
···
Jasoon
17 years ago
Jun 25, 2006 - 10:33am
AC, I'm almost positive we already have one. I'm pretty sure they were both on the Great Pumpkin single. In fact, going by the somewhat cryptic credits Jack Terricloth is the only one listed on this site that was actually on the single. I'm trying to get in touch with my friend Dan who played for them for a few years. Unfortunately, his work email no longer exists and i can't find his home email. I'd been looking to get the lineup corrected (if need be) but was waiting until i could contact him. When i get home tonight i'll whip out my copy and list the credits to see how much sense can be made of 'em.
Here are the credits...
Jasoon
17 years ago
Jun 25, 2006 - 10:37pm
exactly as they are on the back of the 7":

Society Members active in this project include: Powder #9, Lucky Strano, Favorite Singer Who Goes With Everything, Kenjamin Botch, Semra Ercin, Dan Bailey, P.R. Hess, Maura Corrigan, Rio No ABC, Sam Burns, Jeffrey Blythe, Mike the Jerk Wagner, Bridget Brady, Dylan Fusillo.

Powder #9 seems like it might be Scott Hollingsworth. The Wikipedia entry has the word Powder in parentheses after his name.
Favorite Singer... would be Peter Venantonio aka Jack Terricloth.
Kenjamin Botch is, of course, Benjamin Kotch.
P.R. Hess = Peter Hess.

My guess is that everyone up to Maura Corrigan was an actual member at the time, though i'm not 100% sure.
While Franz Nicolay was not on this release Peter Hess was. He, too, is in Anti Social Music and Guignol.

Their Wikipedia entry which shows current and past members:
[en.wikipedia.org]

Here are the liner notes for their upcoming LP on their label's website (including Mr. Nicolay):
[www.chunksaah.com]
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jun 26, 2006 - 2:47am
[www.worldinferno.com] mentions Mike Wagner and Jeffrey Blythe but doesn't say whether they're guests or members.

ABC No Rio is a club in New York City. Some sites refer to a band member named Rio Rios or Detroit Rios.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jun 26, 2006 - 3:21am
[bandtoband.com] is the updated version of the entry using Jasoon's credits and the real names that I could find online. I had to remove Dave Patrikios because he isn't mentioned at all. I don't think Franz is on this one.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005