Forums / Research / The Offspring

The Offspring

Mark ยท 1 reply

The Offspring
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 19, 2006 - 4:51am
[theoffspring.com]

It looks like we might be able to get the Offspring into the database soon through Atom Willard.
Not quite yet...
pin_punk
17 years ago
Jul 19, 2006 - 8:30am
I looked into getting them in a while back as I knew Atom was now drumming for them and figured he had played on the one new track on their Greatest Hits. But, according to Wikipedia:

"Can't Repeat was the Offspring's first song to feature Atom Willard on drums, but interestingly, the album liner notes states that the drummer on "Can't Repeat" was Josh Freese, the studio drummer used for the album Splinter."
[en.wikipedia.org]

I can't confirm this as I don't own the record (I only have "Smash" and "Americana" like everyone else in the world...) but it looks like Atom did play on the track, is now considered a band member, and will be on the next album, but wasn't actually credited on the Greatest Hits, which I guess means we can't use him yet. And Freese doesn't work as a link either because he was considered a guest rather than a band member on Splinter.

Roll on the next subpar studio album I guess... apparently the band are sporadically recording so something might emerge before the end of the year.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005