Forums / Research / [ ] Sunspot Records: Ordeal an...

[ ] Sunspot Records: Ordeal and Shades Apart

Mark · 8 replies

[ ] Sunspot Records: Ordeal and Shades Apart
Mark
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2011 - 2:16am
···
shakinghell
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2011 - 10:04am
having trouble finding anything Ordeal, but maybe you could try contacting someone from the label.
[www.myspace.com]
Steve Watt's old myspace is easy to find and from that info we get his facebook:
[www.facebook.com]

no luck on finding any bands that link to Shades Apart.
···
scott
13 years ago
Mar 30, 2011 - 5:01pm
I remember this label. I don't remember anything about Ordeal, though.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Apr 11, 2011 - 2:08am
Steve Watt told me that 1) the brother of Bryan Wassom (label co-founder) was in Ordeal and 2) Steve sang on the first Intent split release.
···
SunSpotted
13 years ago
Jul 19, 2011 - 10:39pm
Brady Wassum ( Bryan's brother) was the frontman for Ordeal, who released one album on Sunspot. The label was run out of his Arlington home at a time when several DIY labels were pushing vinyl out of Arlington( Dischord, Simple Machines, Teenbeat). I have all of Sunspot's records including the Shades Apart 12" and AVAIL's first 7" and their original DIY first cassette.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Jul 20, 2011 - 12:01am
SunSpotted, would you be able to tell us who played on the Ordeal record?
···
SunSpotted
13 years ago
Jul 20, 2011 - 7:12am
Brady Wassum - drums
Roger(Raj)Glass - bass (and some guitar on the record)
Chris Johnson - guitar
Brett Tyler - vocals

Addendum: Raj was the other co-founder of SunSpot.
···
Mark
13 years ago
Jul 26, 2011 - 5:30pm
I can't figure out a way to link them. Do you know what any of those guys did before or after Ordeal?

I'd REALLY like to add that first Avail cassette. We have the second cassette and first 7" already. Would you be able to scan or photograph it for us?

[stillherezine.blogspot.com] has the music from the first demo, but not the cover.
···
SunSpotted
12 years ago
Oct 14, 2011 - 6:19pm
Chris Johnson was in a short lived band named Degent after Ordeal. Don't know after 1993.

Miles Baker, who joined Ordeal after the Sunspot 7"pressing, was in Quickness before joining Ordeal and later joined Degent briefly (IIRC).

Brady sang vocals in Degent after ordeal; don't know what he did after that (I will find out).

I know Raj did a bunch of sh!t after Ordeal; however, I cannot recall what exactly! :(

I have the cassette sleave (only) to Avail's "Reaching Out" DIY first release/cassette and the complete "Who's to say..." Sunspot/Inner Ear 7". Send me an email for photos/scans.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005