Forums / Research / Steelwind

Steelwind

scott · 7 replies

Steelwind
scott
17 years ago
Dec 3, 2006 - 7:00am
Any of you AOR people know anything about this band? They were from Sacramento and had Craig Chaquico in the band. I'm trying to figure out if this was their only release -
[kingtet.com]
so i can see if it was a band or a collaboration.
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Dec 3, 2006 - 4:29pm
···
scott
17 years ago
Dec 3, 2006 - 9:46pm
Added to queue.

Next, i would like to get a band called "The Runners" in, featuring Skip and Henry Robinette, who has been playing jazz (and some rock) in Sacramento for years. Info is spotty online. Any help would be great.
Steelwind
KateUK
17 years ago
Jan 1, 2007 - 10:47am
I bought the "Child of Nature" LP back in the '70s, 'cos I was a massive fan of Jefferson Airplane and bought lots of related stuff. It's not a bad album, I even bought the CD last year. As far as I know it was a proper gigging band. I'm not even sure why I didn't think to suggest adding them in myself, must be an oversight ;)

Kate
···
scott
14 years ago
Feb 22, 2010 - 5:25pm
Still no info on the Runners, but I did link Henry Robinett into the dB.
···
shakinghell
14 years ago
Feb 23, 2010 - 2:44am
[en.wikipedia.org]
this guy was in the band, probably sometime between 74-78. "Northern California touring band".

[www.myhometownbands.com]
"The Runners' concept was to bring world music with funk rhythms and a spiritual message into the Nor Cal rock & roll arena. Chief songwriter Skip Morairty and lyricist Keith Jefferson together created the springboard for the Runners “Third World Funk.” The Runners were founded in the mid 70's by Bongo Bob Smith, Keith Jefferson, and Skip Morairty. After going through several guitarists, drummers and bass players, the core group consisted of Keith Jefferson: vocals & percussion, Bongo Bob: percussion, Henry Robinet: guitar, Jimmy Griego: drums, Danny Virdier: bass, Jerry Hekius: keyboards, and Skip Morairty: flute/rhythm guitar. As the band grew in popularity, there were changes in personnel. Danny Virdier was replaced by Alphonsa Kee on bass (who had played with the Staple Singers) and Jerry Hekius was replaced by with Roger Smith on keyboards (who plays now with Tower of Power.)"
has some mp3s so they may have released something.

[db.audioasylum.com]
Robinett may have been around in 1977 for a Battle Of The Bands comp.

[black-music.foren-city.de]
(Runners s/t - though this could be any band really)

anyway, this may be a contact for Henry:
hrobinett@capitaljazzproject.com
[www.facebook.com]
···
scott
14 years ago
Feb 23, 2010 - 3:15am
Cool, thanks. Emailed Henry, who may or may not remember me from the studio.
···
scott
14 years ago
Feb 23, 2010 - 5:30am
Email address is not good. Someone hit him up on facebook.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005