Forums / Research / [ ] Roy Harper linkable?

[ ] Roy Harper linkable?

Matt Westwood · 3 replies

[ ] Roy Harper linkable?
Matt Westwood
13 years ago
Feb 6, 2011 - 8:44am
Alert viewers may have noticed that I posted up my latest attempt to get Roy Harper into the db. There was a single released under the band name "Roy Harper & Black Sheep" in 1977 which came off an album that (from what I remember) was ultimately shelved.

The band "Black Sheep" appears (from concert promo materials) to have comprised a whole bunch of mainstream rock performers thereby inserting RH directly into the heart of the DB, but I can not find evidence of whether the touring band was the bunch of guys as performed on the single.

If anyone can find out from somewhere exactly what the lineup was on this disc they will be doing a major service to rock history.
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 6, 2011 - 9:58am
[www.aylesburyfriars.co.uk]
"Roy Harper Henry McCullough Andy Roberts Dave Lawson John Halsey Dave Cochran"
[www.andyrobertsmusic.com]
"An album released years after it was recorded because of a dispute with EMI. Black Sheep included Andy Roberts, Henry McCullough, Dave Lawson, Dave Cochran and John Halsey."
[www.royharper.co.uk]
"The band on this record were known as Black Sheep and included Andy Roberts, Henry McCullough, Dave Lawson, Dave Cochran and John Halsey. Dave Cochran was a survivor from Trigger, which was the band that made 'HQ'."
[en.wikipedia.org]
[musicnaut.iki.fi]
"Dave Cochran, John Halsey, David Lawson, Henry McCullough, Andy Roberts "

It all looks consistent...
···
Matt Westwood
13 years ago
Feb 6, 2011 - 11:44am
BTW I know the single exists and was released because I used to have a copy. It may not have actually been released in the UK, but I found it in a record shop in Malta back in Summer 1978. The B-side was off the Bullinamingvase album which was *not* credited to RH & Black Sheep but may well have used the same personnel. (I can't check that album directly because I don't have it any more - either version, more's the pity.)
···
misterpomp
13 years ago
Feb 6, 2011 - 4:21pm
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005