Forums / Research / Minneapolis/Chicago punk rock...

Minneapolis/Chicago punk rock tree

paperxwalls · 17 replies

Minneapolis/Chicago punk rock tree
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 5, 2007 - 7:34pm
So I've been working on trying to get the following bands into the db for some time now but can't figure it out. These are all punk/pop punk bands from the MLPS/Chicago area that all share members and I'm convinced there's got to be a way to connect them in and get them on the site... I just haven't figured it out yet. Perhaps there's a link through Dillinger Four or something, but again, no dice on my end. If anyone wants to help or give suggestions or ideas, please feel free. Maybe there's a link from the already huge midwest punk tree we have already and I'm just not finding it.

bands -

Rivethead (from MPLS, now defunct)
Banner Pilot (ex Rivethead)
Off With Their Heads (members of Banner Pilot)
The Copyrights (Chicago)
Dear Landlord (members of the Copyrights and former members of Rivethead)

and probably some more bands.

help would be appreciated!
···
felldownawell
16 years ago
Nov 5, 2007 - 9:08pm
i don't know if you can make it stick with recordings, but alex ulloa of off with their heads and panthro uk united 13 was in black cougar shock unit with todd rockhill of discount/the draft
···
bgzimmer
16 years ago
Nov 5, 2007 - 10:14pm
Rockhill and Ulloa (with Shane Haven and Jim Wells) were also in House On Fire, who appear on the "Experiments In Audio Rocketry" comp:

[www.1234gorecords.com]
[www.slumber.org]

Comp is already in the db for Lawrence Arms:

[bandtoband.com]
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 6, 2007 - 5:57am
Well through this I put both House On Fire and Black Cougar Shock Unit into the db, so thanks.

I've contacted Nate of Banner Pilot/Off With Their Heads about the lineup for the one record OWTH released with Alex Ulloa. Thank you guys.
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 23, 2007 - 9:48pm
I've never received any info back from Nate. felldownawell, do you have any more info on the OWTH record they did with Alex Ulloa? I wasn't able to find much on it.
···
felldownawell
16 years ago
Nov 24, 2007 - 8:49pm
hey paperxwalls,

from their myspace page:

[blog.myspace.com]

Also Later Oct: The Tiltwheel Split. Im told this will be out for The Fest 5. I feel about 50 50 on it. Honestly, I havent even heard the Tiltwheel song yet. They said it has to be a 33, which can only mean a classic long Tiltwheel intro. On our side is Closed Early and Aqua Panther. This is Alex's debut OWTH song. It sounds like OWTH meets Panthro. Dig that.

[www.littletype.com]
[cgi.ebay.com]
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 25, 2007 - 5:52am
thanks... still can't really pinpoint the lineup though, that's the only problem.
···
felldownawell
16 years ago
Nov 25, 2007 - 7:38pm
"Hey.

On that one, it was Ryan Young, Justin Francis, Nate Gangelhoff, and Alex Ulloa.

Ryan"
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 25, 2007 - 8:47pm
you are awesome. I contacted Nate and never got a reply.
···
felldownawell
16 years ago
Nov 26, 2007 - 2:10am
no problem whatsoever. ryan seems to be very willing to help if you need anything else. i contacted him via myspace.

"No problem dude!

I like those kind of sites. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any other questions. We've had about 400 people in our band, so sometimes it gets a little confusing.

Ryan"
···
Nick100
16 years ago
Nov 26, 2007 - 5:31am
Here's the connection:

Billy Morrisette from D4 played in Scooby Don't; Mike Widell from Scooby Don't replaced Nick in Rivethead
···
Mark
16 years ago
Nov 26, 2007 - 1:10pm
Do you know the full name of Tyson from Scooby Don't?
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Nov 26, 2007 - 9:34pm
Nice, more connections to work with!!

felldownawell, can you ask Ryan if he knows the names of all the members of Rivethead and Banner Pilot? or have him ask Nate at the very least.

in the meantime I've added in Off With Their Heads' full length and the split with Tiltwheel, as well as all the Copyrights' full lengths (which are in my sandbox until we get the Rivethead info).
···
weeklystore
16 years ago
Dec 12, 2007 - 4:31am
I have Off With Their Heads - "Hi Five For The Rapture" and bass is credited to Paddy Costello from Dillinger Four.
···
felldownawell
16 years ago
Dec 12, 2007 - 2:02pm
sorry paperxwalls. i've read this before, but for some reason your request didn't register in my brain until today. I'll be happy to inquire with him. Are there specific last names you're looking for, or full lineup information?
···
paperxwalls
16 years ago
Dec 13, 2007 - 9:40pm
I need to know the lineup for Banner Pilot's "Pass the Poison" and either/both of the Rivethead records, if he knows them or can find out from Nate Gangelhoff.

Also ditto on the lineup off with their heads' record with paddy costello... i.e. if he was considered a "member" on the album or just a guest bassist.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005