Forums / Research / Mind Over Matter

Mind Over Matter

paperxwalls · 4 replies

Mind Over Matter
paperxwalls
18 years ago
May 1, 2006 - 1:53am
For a while I've been trying to find an exact lineup of the Long Island, NY hardcore band Mind Over Matter. I only know two of the members' names - Arthur Shepard, who was in bands such as Bad Trip, Errortype: 11 and currently plays in Instruction, and I'm aware that the vocalist of MOM's name is George Reynolds. I have all other info for the Mind Over Matter releases (release dates, album covers, label, etc.) since they are all listed here [www.instruction-music.com] on Arthur's bio page on the Instruction site. But since I don't have the actual MOM releases (I did at one point but have misplaced them, hence I only remember the two names), I can't verify the lineup anywhere. All the internet sites I usually check haven't been any help.

Can anyone help me out? I'd like to enter the band into the dB with a full lineup instead of just two and other unknown members, which I may just do if I can't find any others.
···
AlexCraig
17 years ago
Jun 10, 2006 - 5:58pm
I have read that Ed Reyes (of Taking Back Sunday) was a member of this band. I think the best way to find out more would be to try to contact Arthur through email or myspace, I'll look into that.
···
AlexCraig
17 years ago
Jun 10, 2006 - 6:00pm
from Eddie Reyes bio on Takingbacksunday.com:

"What was the first band you were in?
Mind Over Matter. We split up. Called it quits. Then I was in Clockwise. We lived a long life together, then retired. Inside was next. I split with them but we're still friends. Everything happens for a reason I guess."
···
AlexCraig
17 years ago
Jun 10, 2006 - 10:38pm
I just send a message to Arthur though the myspace page of his new band, Fires, (myspace.com/firesband),
asking him about Mind Over Matter.

By the way, paperxwalls, what is your aim screen name?
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jun 11, 2006 - 7:19pm
^Awesome, thanks!

hit me up on AIM - yrxworstxmistake
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005