Forums / Research / Louie Merlino / Jim Fox

Louie Merlino / Jim Fox

misterpomp · 5 replies

Louie Merlino / Jim Fox
misterpomp
18 years ago
Feb 17, 2006 - 11:05pm
I've spent ages trying to verify that Louie Merlino (in dB for Beggars & Thieves) = same guy from minor HR band Centaurus. The few sites that mention it say yes, but something's nagging at me .... I recall years back reading they were uncle/nephew but that might have just been to avoid drawing attention to his age back in the late '80s.

Similarly, Jim Fox of James Gang (in dB). Can't get anything more definitive than tittle-tattle to say he was the drummer in Toronto/Rose (and I think also in Cheater). The James Gang guy seems to go to ground after '75? {Edits own post} I'm now convinced they are different guys: Fox's current live band mentions his Toronto/Cheater days only.

Any clues? Thanks.
Louie Merlino
louie merlino
17 years ago
Jun 8, 2006 - 2:35pm
Jim Fox yes it is the same Louie Merlino,of course..
doing the Sin City Allstars ---loumerlino@gmail.com
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
Jun 8, 2006 - 4:35pm
Thanks Louie! Centaurus to be added asap!
LOUIE merlino -centaurus =-B&T + myspace.com/sincityalls
louie merlino
17 years ago
Jul 22, 2006 - 12:21pm
IT'S AN HONOR THAT ANYONE FROM ANYTHING TO DO WITH Joe Walsh and the James Gang knows who Louie Merlino is.actually the fiest reaaly cool riff i ever lerned was Funk 49.Beggars did a gig at the Ritz in 1988? Joe was with a three piece ,I remember he was doing tall glasses of scewdrivers at soundcheck,,,but he's Joe Fuckig Walsh,hope you get this let me know...

LOUIE MERLINO................
louie merlino
17 years ago
Oct 29, 2006 - 12:40pm
louie

loumerlino@gmail.com
new e-mail
louie merlino
17 years ago
Jan 18, 2007 - 8:52pm
Louie Merlino

loumerlino@gmail.com
the one the only..........................
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005