Forums / Research / Letch Patrol

Letch Patrol

harris pankin · 17 replies

Letch Patrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 12, 2005 - 5:42pm
Hi, this is Harris Pankin. Lead Vocalist for Letch Patrol. O.K
I'll confine this to official releases. Do Demo Tapes Count? Let me know? What is already on the site I won't list. A cut on "We Three Bings" Vital Christmas Albulm. The song was Santa is Coming in Your Face. Personell Harris, John Rinaldi, Mark Rentzner, George Tabb, all vocals. Harris lead guitar solo. Released (?).
"Harris said I Could" a studio/ live concert. a tape, 8-track! put out with permission by Tpos records. Malcolm tent is a friend of the band. Personnel: Studio Harris Pankin: vocals. Paul(world famous AKA) (last name unkown) guitars, vocals on "New York", Letch Patrol Rap, Chicken John Rinaldi, Bass, Vocals on Letch Patrol Rap, Greg Pierce drums on studio side. Was also drummer for Underdog, Bass player for the Doldrums. Original Drummer for Letch Patrol. This is part of the "Lost Albulm" some final mixes. 9 studio tracks produced by Jerry(he produced the Bad Brains). Lot's of thrash metal punk. I wish this would of had more than this kind of release. But it does prove we rock. Live side is from A monday Night at Cbgb's a fun show a "worst Band contest with the PA's " We lost. Starts with the MTV theme. Personell: Harris,vocals, John Rinaldi bass, Mark Rentzner, guitar, George Tabb, guitar, Drummer John last name unkown. Special guest star Dana Crystal (son of the King of Punk Rock)on Violin solo. Released 1988? still available?
Split 45 Letch Patrol/(?youth (I forget)) Ode to Fred is the Letch Patrol side. Personnel Harris, Mark, George,Chicken John, Chuck Clearwater(R.I.P.) drums. This was the last song Chuck recorded with Letch Patrol. A nice Funeral Dirge. Produced with Chris Spedding. O.K. It,s not Punk but it,s rock.
two more to go. Roir Scum Rock two cuts. tuning and applause. personnel Pete marshall bass, Harris non-vocals, other personnel I'm not sure?
Recent Realease: Howie Rock MP3 (live at the garden) mis-titled as How we Rock(live at Madison Square Garden) on Furious George. com
Title cut from "the Lost Albulm" Personell Harris, lead vocals, random lead solo, Chicken John, bass, guitars, lead solo, Mark Renzner, guitar lead solo, George Tabb guitar, random lead solos. Drums: Mac Sheen.
First offical release 2005.
O.k. this is the title track of the First Albulm. Never available. George Tabb put it on his web site. All right with me. Produced by Letch Patrol. This song is a masterpiece. Enough said. Harris Pankin.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 16, 2005 - 5:27am
TPOS? Kevin used to do online auctions for Malcolm almost ten years ago. What a small world.
TPOS
Kevin
18 years ago
Dec 16, 2005 - 5:38am
Yeah, an auction of Misfits vinyl. Anyone know anything about the Misfits around here? Anyone?

Kevin
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 16, 2005 - 6:49am
Harris, I added all your Letch Patrol stuff.

Can you remember the name of guitarist Paul and/or what other bands he joined? Also, I found a site that said a guy named Johnny Puke (vocals) was in Letch Patrol, but I don't think it's the same John that played on the "Harris Said I Could" album.
tpos-letchpatrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 19, 2005 - 3:51pm
Hey mark, Harris here I don't know paul's last name his official moniker was World Famous Aka. No Johnny Puke was in the Fake Letch Patrol. That was Chicken John's little bullshit side project. Their is a live tape of me and Johnny Puke singing Sonic Reducer at Cbgb's. And we are friends, same with Chicken John. Also Check and see if Greg Pierce recorded with Underdog or the Doldrums. thanks Harris.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 20, 2005 - 1:17am
We have Greg Pierce on an Underdog record. As far as the Doldrums go, they had one 7" back in '88 but I don't know if Greg Pierce played on it. He was replaced at some point by a guy named Brent Wilson (who is also in the bandtoband family tree). I'll keep digging around.

I always liked the song "There's A Riot In Tompkins Square" but I didn't realize it was about you.
letch patrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 20, 2005 - 1:59am
What are you talking about mark? I've never heard of that song. There's a riot going on? Oh greg played on both sides of Love is Blind. Harris
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 20, 2005 - 3:53am
I got the "Love Is Blind" lineup from Marc Rentzer. Is the rest of it right?

- George Tabb
- Harris Pankin
- John Rinaldi : "Chicken John"
- Marc Rentzer

I used to live at St. Mark's and 1st Ave, and I spent a lot of time in Tompkins Square, sometimes with this guy:

[bandtoband.com]
letch patrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 20, 2005 - 10:15pm
Well, not really Paul(World Famous Aka) plays rythm guitar on side A love is blind. Tommy from Prong plays a few notes also on side A. Tommy was never in the Band just a Guest star. Richie Stots of the Plasmatics played the solo on side B. also a guest star. also Debbie from the False Prophets sings co-lead and back up vocals on side A. ok. harris.
bobby Steele
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 20, 2005 - 10:19pm
I've known Bobby for 25 years. he is a good friend of mine. ocassinally if the Undead play I'll sing a song or two with the band. Harris
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 21, 2005 - 6:24am
How about this (not listing guests)? I took Marc R off of Side A. Was that right?

Side A:

George Tabb
Harris Pankin
John Rinaldi : "Chicken John"
Paul(World Famous Aka)
Greg Pierce

Side B:

George Tabb
Harris Pankin
John Rinaldi : "Chicken John"
Marc Rentzer
Greg Pierce
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Dec 21, 2005 - 7:41am
I thought the statement was that Paul played on one song on side A? Is he a true member or another guest?
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 21, 2005 - 2:02pm
It's a two-song 7" with "Love Is Blind" on side A and "Axe To Grind" on side B. Paul was also on the "Harris Said I Could" cassette / 8-track release. I just wish I could find scans of those releases.
letch patrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Dec 26, 2005 - 5:50am
Harris Here, Paul was the first guitarist of Letch Patrol. And is on Love is Blind side A only, and on Harris said I could studio side only. Including Lead vocals on a couple of songs. always a member until he left. In aanother mystery solved the credit for drummer on Harris said I could is John Kessel live side only. The eight track has seven bounus cuts including the demo tape. I can furnish such info if you wish. thanks. P.s. chicken John has visited the site and gave me Mr. Kessel name to pass on. thanks harris.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 26, 2005 - 8:31pm
Harris,

Please do let us know who played on the bonus material on "Harris Said I Could." We'll include that in the listing for the album too.
Letch Patrol
harris pankin
18 years ago
Jan 1, 2006 - 1:22am
o.k. the bonus material on the eight track was the original Demo tape a six song release from 1985. the players. the original lineup of Letch Patrol.
Harris pankin vocals
nicky dirt(went onto be in or form Youth Defense League) bass
Paul(world famouus AKA) guitar
Greg Pierce drums
The original title was "on the prowl"
song list: love is blind, virgins in black, no faith,no hope, no charity, Ain't my society, just get bored, kill Reagan(secret bonus track) He's dead now so I can't be prosecuted for that one. Recorded in Batcave Studio about six weeks after the group formed. was sold in stores and got excellent reveiws. it was recorded on eight tracks. Ican provide you with other recording trivia if nesaccary. Am working on Releasing Were Next(the Lost Albulm) with Marc and George. Also a reunion show come springtime. who knows Happy New Year. Mark I appreciate your work on helping set up these family trees. Harris Pankin
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005