Forums / Research / Last.fm's weekly top 150 artis...

Last.fm's weekly top 150 artists

Bloopy · 8 replies

Last.fm's weekly top 150 artists
Bloopy
8 years ago
May 25, 2015 - 12:57am
[www.last.fm]

Last.fm is a good way to keep up with the latest listening trends. I checked how many of the top 150 artists from the latest weekly chart are in BandToBand. The answer? 70. Some artists come and go very fast of course, but I still found the list interesting.

4/150 are in queue: Eminem, Imagine Dragons, John Legend, OneRepublic (though John's impeded by a wiki issue)
2/150 are non-artists: [unknown], https

That leaves 21 bands and 53 solo artists we're yet to link up:

[bands]
Alt-J, Bastille, Clean Bandit, Disclosure, Florence + The Machine, Foster The People, Gorillaz, Kings Of Leon, M83, Massive Attack, MGMT, Mumford & Sons, Muse, Of Monsters And Men, Paramore, Passion Pit, Tame Impala, The xx, Two Door Cinema Club, Walk The Moon, Years & Years

[solo artists]
Adele, Ariana Grande, A$AP Rocky, Avicii, Ben Howard, Beyoncé, Bon Iver, Bonobo, Britney Spears, Bruno Mars, Calvin Harris, Carly Rae Jepsen, Charli XCX, Chris Brown, David Guetta, Drake, Ed Sheeran, Ellie Goulding, Flo Rida, Grimes, Hozier, Iggy Azalea, James Bay, Jason Derülo, Jay-Z, Jessie J, Justin Timberlake, Katy Perry, Kendrick Lamar, Kygo, Lady Gaga, Lana Del Ray, Lorde, Lykke Li, Mac DeMarco, Marina & The Diamonds, Mark Ronson, Meghan Trainor, Nicki Minaj, Omi, Passenger (UK), Pitbull, Rihanna, Sam Smith, Sia, Sufjan Stevens, Taylor Swift, The Tallest Man On Earth, The Weeknd, Tove Lo, Vance Joy, Wiz Khalifa, Zedd
···
misterpomp
8 years ago
May 25, 2015 - 9:25am
Never heard of them...
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
May 25, 2015 - 10:56am
Haha, but you're the one who was one step away from entering Mumford & Sons (maybe you stopped there for a good reason). I've queued them up, along with Gorillaz, M83 and MGMT.
···
scott
8 years ago
May 25, 2015 - 5:52pm
Some guy I used to know a little bit, this guy:
[www.bandtoband.com]
is Katy Perry's keyboardist. I think the chances of any sort of "Katy Perry And Band" release are minimal, though.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
May 26, 2015 - 1:27am
Doesn't Jay-Z count as a member of Murder Inc?
[www.discogs.com]
[www.discogs.com]

Looking in queue, it seems like you've only concentrated on the tracks credited to Jay-Z & Ja, not the ones credited to Murder Inc.

There's one version of this soundtrack which looks like the most official appearance of Murder Inc, although the group name looks to be absent on other versions:
[www.discogs.com]

-

Beyoncé/Destiny's Child could be connected in via this if there was a band name here. But only GAP and the song title are on the front cover and spine (I asked a seller). All have prior solo including Stephan on a radio compilation:
[www.amazon.com]

edit: I was wrong about the radio compilation, *rubs hands together*. Destiny's Child and Beyoncé in queue, and Jagged Edge (US) unsandboxed.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Jun 5, 2015 - 2:01pm
Unsandboxed Jay-Z.
···
scott
8 years ago
Jun 10, 2015 - 9:51pm
Haven't followed it to a link into our dB, but if this is acceptable:
[www.bandtoband.com]
it links Eminem to the Insane Clown Posse and goes off in all kinds of different directions.
···
pin_punk
8 years ago
Jun 11, 2015 - 7:02am
Nothing about the Insane Clown Posse is acceptable.
···
bgzimmer
3 years ago
Aug 23, 2020 - 7:02am
Lady Gaga is finally queued up (via Stefani Germanotta Band, Max And The Martians, and Tuba Skinny).
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005