Forums / Research / Hebrew translations for Israel...

Hebrew translations for Israeli punx.

shakinghell · 7 replies

Hebrew translations for Israeli punx.
shakinghell
16 years ago
Mar 20, 2008 - 4:36am
I was connecting in a couple of Israeli hardcore/punk bands and came across this site (http://qube.co.il/ency_band.asp?e=2983&cat=42) which will be very helpful as it seems to provide lineup and family tree info for a bunch of bands in this scene. only problem is that i can't read hebrew and can't seem to find a decent online translator. does anyone know of any good translating sites or can anyone read hebrew and help me out with a few bands?
···
shakinghell
14 years ago
Jun 22, 2010 - 5:35am
got myself a 'Hebrew In Three Months' book for $2 did a bit of work with entries by Lana Dagales, Dir Yassin, and נכי נאצה if anyone wants to have a look.
···
Python
14 years ago
Jun 22, 2010 - 8:11am
One of the people I work with for a client of ours is from Israel but he's not a very pleasant person to work with and I don't think it would be a smart decision for my professional career to bother him with that :)
···
Python
14 years ago
Jun 22, 2010 - 8:16am
translate.google does a pretty reasonable job on translation that page.... Hebrew to Dutch gives a pretty meaningful translation. I'll have a look later 'cos I'm at work now.
Qube.co.il
Qubical
14 years ago
Jun 22, 2010 - 5:17pm
Hi there.
I'm the owner of this site. congrats for this new site and enterprise, but I must say I've been there first.

Almost the whole Israeli music scene, inclding the punk scene, is presented in our own music tree and you can check it here:
[www.qube.co.il]

and I must also say I'm very proud about the graphic way we presented it.

in the right pane there are the latest additions to the tree. above it the Israeli letters which fill the bands combo. most of the bands has info and other features. every band in the tree is linkable, ofcourse. as for now, it contains 2550 bands.

I started the international music tree few years ago, stopped after over 2000 bands exhausted. hope you guys have much more patience.

cheers.
···
shakinghell
14 years ago
Jun 23, 2010 - 2:42am
hi Qubical, i've actually relied on your site heavily for these Israeli entries, especially with regards to the hebrew spellings of some of the names. however i'm a bit limited as i can't actually read or understand hebrew haha. if you wouldn't mind and if you had the time, i'd like to keep in touch as i could use your help with some of our entries.
my email is shakinghell at bandtoband.com
thanks,
zac.
···
Python
14 years ago
Jun 23, 2010 - 8:27am
Haha, great. This scene links directly to the Belgian death metal scene trough They:Swarm. Joy joy.

(edit)
Hmmmm.... I'm not really sure if Haim from Dir Yassin is the same guy as in They:Swarm. They're both bass players though but I have absolutely no idea how popular a name like Haim Benyamini is in Israel.
···
shakinghell
14 years ago
Jun 24, 2010 - 3:46am
our good friends at Qube says it's the same guy:
[www.qube.co.il]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005