Forums / Research / Gus Bowman - Never Enough/Desp...

Gus Bowman - Never Enough/Desperate Measures

paperxwalls · 13 replies

Gus Bowman - Never Enough/Desperate Measures
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 12, 2006 - 12:04am
Mark -
I was going through these releases and I noticed that on the Never Enough release, you list Gus Bowman as being the only member of the band though you did mention the lineup on their Myspace page. Was that a misprint or are you uncertain of the actual lineup for the release?

If you're uncertain, I can help out. I've met Gus Bowman before as he actually dates an aqaintance of mine, so I can message him on Myspace and ask for the lineup information on the albums he played on.

Also if you're looking to expand this Maryland/DC hardcore band family tree even further, I know members of Ruiner were previously in a band called Farewell Hope. I can search around and see if they have any releases we can get into the db as well. Also, once Desperate Measures' lineup is full and verified, we can get their former members' new band Lion Of Judah on the site too.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 12, 2006 - 3:00am
Yes, please do. I've been getting information in a piecemeal fashion from Dom from the Slumlords and I'm still waiting for him to verify some stuff on Pulling Teeth, Ruiner, and Never Enough so I can finish those lineups and get it all into the database. I also have a bunch of stuff by The Spark waiting to go, but it all depends on actually verifying the other bands first. All Dom told me so far is that Gus Bowman was on that Never Enough release, so I didn't know if I could trust the myspace page.

Please let me know what you dig up and feel free to flag anything that looks questionable.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 12, 2006 - 4:12pm
Gus responded to me and has been a HUGE help.

Date: Jul 12, 2006 9:39 AM Flag spam/abuse. [ ? ]
Subject: RE: hey.. got some questions for you
Body:

Barrie-

"hey, how's it going?

here it is

des mes- on our hands

gus bowman - guitar

andrew "duff" duffy - guitar

ryan bannahan - vocals

andy norton - bass

gene melkisethian - drums

never enough - owid
gus bowman - guitar
pat martin - bass
alex henderson - drums
tony pence - vocals "

Also my friend who owns the Never Enough album verified the lineup from the release liner notes as follows:

"Tony - vocals
Augustus - guitar
Patrick - bass
Alex - drums"

So the NE release needs to have the band members' first names listed as aliases.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 12, 2006 - 10:57pm
Perfect. Could you also ask him for the lineup on Pulling Teeth : Vicious Skin? I wasn't sure if Dom was telling me the original lineup or the lineup on that release, and I haven't heard back from him in a while. Once we get Pulling Teeth in, all the rest can follow. Thanks.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 13, 2006 - 2:41am
Hmm:

Subject: RE: RE: RE: hey.. got some questions for you
Body: barrie,

hey, that hasn't actually been recorded yet....it was recorded and then scrapped because a- the dude recording us never called us back, and b- there was a big lineup change....i'm not in the band anymore, but the person to ask is mike riley... mike@headcold.net

^Got that from Gus regarding the Pulling Teeth release.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 13, 2006 - 3:47am
No problem. Can you ask him about the lineup on the Demo 2005 CD? Thanks.
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 13, 2006 - 4:37pm
Gus' response for the demo lineup:

mike riley-vocals
dom romero-guitar
doug williams - bass
alex henderson - drums

hmmm, apparently he didn't play on the demo I guess.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 13, 2006 - 9:43pm
Thankfully Alex Henderson gets us almost where we need to go. I got everything in except Ruiner, whose connection is now lost. Any ideas?
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 14, 2006 - 1:06am
Not sure, I'll have to look into Ruiner somehow.

I'm currently in the process of getting the lineup for LOJ (ex-DM band I mentioned above) and their EP they have out at the moment. One website I saw it reviewed on said "every member of Desperate Measures except the singer" (well, and minus Gus Bowman too) but I'm going to verify that. I know Ryan Bannahan was DM's vocalist so that means he isn't in LOJ, but I better work on finding which members actually are.

Also, speaking of Desperate Measures, I read on the Youngblood Records site that DM was formed from the ashes of No Justice, who I've heard of but can't seem to locate any info about them on the internet. Any ideas/know anything about them?
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 17, 2006 - 7:18pm
okay..... looks like we won't be getting LOJ in the db. I messaged the singer about the lineup and all he responsed with was "We're a mystery".

Okayyyyyyyyyyyyy then...
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jul 19, 2006 - 4:22am
And Ruiner is out too. This is what I got from Dom:

yeah the vicious skin re-recording loses our connection to ruiner b/c the 2 ruiner guys arent in the band anymore

The new record info will be passed on to you as soon as the cover art is ready and everything

the new guys in pulling teeth on the new record besides me alex and mike are Tony Hare (also in Taken By Force). Their cover is on www.a389records.com (and their other members include Chris Alshire (Erase The Past), Travis Strouderman (Backhand), and Ed Lock (Backhand) and Chris Kuhn.
Back in!
pin_punk
15 years ago
Apr 27, 2009 - 4:13pm
A little over two and a half years later, I've got Ruiner back into the queue.
···
paperxwalls
14 years ago
May 25, 2009 - 5:26am
Ruiner's now live too. That took a while but we got it! As are Pulling Teeth it seems. Wow, it's been way too long since I've been actively involved here.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005