Forums / Research / Glass Menagerie

Glass Menagerie

Matt Westwood · 6 replies

Glass Menagerie
Matt Westwood
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 5:23pm
An obscure near-relative of Uriah Heep, they apparently had 5 Uk singles on Pye & Polydor between 1968 and 1969. I know nothing else about them except that Alan Kendall (later of Toe Fat) was in the band on guitar. Anyone know anything?
···
misterpomp
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 6:34pm
The Glass Menagerie was
Lou Stonehouse
Alan Kendall
John Medley
Bill Atkinson

I think... PS : well done ... I tried the Bee Gees and failed ... along with ZZ Top they are one of the hardest but most 'damnit .. nearly' bands I've tried

PS : Bad news ... Ted Turner is David Turner||Ted Turner (from the site you quoted for the discog and others)... I'll leave you to request a mass change!
···
bgzimmer
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 9:34pm
···
bgzimmer
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 9:54pm
I went ahead and added the first single ("She's A Rainbow") to the queue.
Oh, *wicked*, man ...
Matt Westwood
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 10:27pm
... yes, I noticed the BGs were now connectable. Was going to work on them in a bit, even though they're not my scene, man, but this would not be a DB without all the big bands in it.

Are there any other really big & famous acts that haven't yet been connected? Yeah, loads, probably, we haven't even really started on Motown yet.
... changed Ted
Matt Westwood
17 years ago
May 20, 2006 - 10:37pm
... on all albums in the q. Just one to sort out ...
Uncharted areas
bgzimmer
17 years ago
May 21, 2006 - 5:48am
Yep, Motown's a big one, along with a mess of related genres. Ever since Kevin or Mark made the offhand remark that Marvin Gaye should be connectable, I've been poking through old doowop/R&B vocal groups looking for a route into the db (starting with Marvin Gaye's onetime group The Marquees). There's an enormous network of groups that should all be able to go in at some point, though unfortunately they're much more poorly documented than rock or jazz groups.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005