Forums / Research / D Generation / Loud

D Generation / Loud

Matt Westwood ยท 2 replies

D Generation / Loud
Matt Westwood
19 years ago
Apr 18, 2005 - 5:33pm
I have a CD in my collection by Loud called D Generation, or is it by D Generation called Loud? It came out in 1990 and is produced by Jaz "Killing Joke" Coleman (busy man) and J. Martin Rex, and it says "all songs written by Chris McLaughlin", but there's no indication of who's in the damn band.

Now I notice that on b2b there's a band called "D Generation" which appears to have a guy on it called "(something) Youth" (I misremember) - is this the Youth from Killing Joke? If so, is there a connection between my D Generation / Loud and the D Generation on b2b? Can anyone shed light?

Another topic: Blue Pearl, who did a song "Naked in the Rain" some 15 years or so ago, appears also to feature Youth (KJ) in some guise, and also, I learn, Dave Gilmour from Floyd. Now: would anyone be able to find out whether Gilmour and/or Youth could actually be classified as being *in* the band Blue Pearl? If so, there are links galore ...
Loud
KateUK
19 years ago
Apr 18, 2005 - 8:32pm
I have that in my collection also - it was filed under L for "Loud". In fact I also have Loud - Psyche 21 and the band members are listed as Chris McLaughlin, Stuart Morrow, Ricky Howard and Etch. In the back of the booklet for Psyche 21 it says "Loud would like to thank...."

In the centre of the booklet that is in my copy of D Generation it has the band members - a photo with names shown as Colin Clarkson, Ricky Howard, Chris McLaughlin and Martin Hawthorne. At least 2 common members there.

In fact inside the front cover of the D Generation booklet it says "Info: Loudmouth, PO Box...." which also indicates to me that the band was called Loud!
I assume you have a different version of the CD as you say there is no indication of who is in the band.

I don't think that there is any connection with the band D Generation. Hope this helps.

Kate
Open your eyes, you dumb Ludo ...
Matt Westwood
19 years ago
Apr 19, 2005 - 6:42am
... duh, I've looked harder at my CD booklet and yes indeed, it seems the two centre pages were stuck together (goodness me, what does that say about the previous owner of this CD? which I only bought because it had Jaz Coleman's name on it ...) and I've found the photos you referred to.

Somehow I didn't think it was one of those that you'd have in your collection, dear heart ... hmm ... wonder what it sounds like? Better give it a spin ...
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005