Forums / Research / Canadian indie/punk

Canadian indie/punk

pin_punk · 2 replies

Canadian indie/punk
pin_punk
16 years ago
Nov 12, 2007 - 6:31pm
I've got a whole host of Canadian 90s/2000s indie/punk(ish) bands sandboxed at the moment. I had them all connected through Barry Mirochnick who is in Great Aunt Ida (currently in the queue, connecting to the tree through JP Carter of Carsick/Fond Of Tigers) and, so I thought, the Greg MacPherson Band. But it turns out he was only guesting on that Greg MacPherson record so now the connection is lost.

So if anyone has any bright ideas to get this interconnecting lot out of my sandbox it would be much appreciated:

Greg MacPherson Band
Greg MacPherson
The Weakerthans
John K. Samson
Painted Thin
The Bonaduces
B'ehl
Paper Moon
The Paperbacks
The Details
Sixty Stories
Boats!
Banned From Atlantis
Half Court Prayer

The Weakerthans connect to Propagandhi and then to Swallowing Shit, both of whom are also in the queue courtesy of mikehaley, but neither connect to any live bands. I'm pretty sure there must be a way to link back into the tree but I'm having no luck so far.
···
bgzimmer
16 years ago
Nov 12, 2007 - 9:05pm
Well, you could try going via The Hylozoists, though it might be argued that Paul Aucoin is the only core member (the official site refers to "a rotating cast of exemplary players"). "La Fin Du Monde" features Jason Tait (The Weakerthans) and Pat Conan (in the db for Sackville and in the queue for Tricky Woo), among others.

[www.cduniverse.com]
[www.boompa.ca]

Hmm, looks like Pat Conan might need expanding to Patrick.
···
bgzimmer
15 years ago
Jun 19, 2009 - 2:11am
The Weakerthans is in, finally.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005