Forums / Research / Calling On You

Calling On You

Larry_Showalters · 3 replies

Calling On You
Larry_Showalters
18 years ago
Jan 3, 2006 - 2:29am
Is it possible to get Stryper into the family tree? I read that C.C. Deville of Poison was in the band when they were known as Roxx Regime.
···
Mark
15 years ago
Jul 3, 2008 - 12:08am
Apparently it is!
···
Mark
15 years ago
Jul 3, 2008 - 12:26am
[officialrockman.wordpress.com] :
OK, I stumbled upon a VERY RARE Stryper bootleg at Jonni Jigolo's blog. It's Roxx Regime... with a person many Stryper fans don't know about. C.C. Deville of Poison was in Roxx Regime, for about a month. This demo has C.C. on the axe. This is before Oz or Timmy showed up.

----------
BUT:
----------

[stryperforum.com] :

Speaking more about interesting tours and gigs you’ve done, in the early days you did some tours with such names White Lion, Skid Row and Mötley Crue but in 1982 you did a show in California with Metallica supporting you. Do you guys have any memories from that show?

Robert: Actually we did never play with Mötley Crue, but we did play with Metallica. They were supporting for us in Long Beach in 1982. I remember it was really small place in and it was really small crowd. There were maybe ten people in there? They had Cliff Burton playing bass and Dave Mustaine on second guitar then. That was a long time ago.

Michael: I also remember that Guns n' Roses opened for us once at some point and we did tour with Great White and Warrant, there are so many bands we have played with...

You also played some shows with Anthrax circa 1983, right?

Michael: Yes, we did play with them too but that was just one show.

At the very beginning you tried some different players in your band before you find your permanent line up. Wasn’t CC Deville from Poison one of the names who did play you at the beginning?

Michael: He actually was there for a moment and did some playing but he was never actual member of the band. He did find his success a few years later with Poison.
···
Python
15 years ago
Jul 3, 2008 - 7:01am
Exactly two and a half years later.... all we need is a little patience :)
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005