Forums / Research / Bloopy's wishlist

Bloopy's wishlist

Bloopy · 6 replies

Bloopy's wishlist
Bloopy
9 years ago
Jan 29, 2015 - 4:01am
This is partly a note to myself so I don't forget who to look into next. Though if anyone else has looked into any of these, feel free to add your 2 cents!

[x] April March
[x] Dupobs
[ ] Laurie Anderson
[x] Looking Glass (AU)
[x] Northwinds (France)
[x] Peter And The Test Tube Babies
[x] Redsk
[ ] The Macc Lads
[ ] Wolfgang (PH)
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Feb 12, 2015 - 1:41am
An update on what's happening on planet Bloopy. April March, Looking Glass and Peter And The Test Tube Babies are in queue. I looked into The Macc Lads and Wolfgang, but they've eluded me so far.

I got one step away from Northwinds, but stuck with an unknown alias in the band Ghor so stopped there.

The collab on this release may be a possibility for connecting Laurie Anderson in:
[www.discogs.com]
but only if we can confirm it was released before this:
[rateyourmusic.com]
···
Bloopy
9 years ago
Mar 16, 2015 - 12:43am
Might be out of luck with Laurie Anderson. That compilation album hit the Billboard charts when released on H.O.L.A. Recordings in April 1997, so may not have been released in 1996 at all, unless the Red Hot Organization released it independently. Her collaborators Diego Frenkel and Aterciopelados are in queue however.

The unknown alias in Ghor is resolved. Northwinds and Redsk are queued. Dupobs is unsandboxed, but Seventh Image is a weak link since I haven't managed to contact that band yet.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Oct 9, 2015 - 12:22pm
Another rickety gangplank constructed to connect in Wolfgang (PH) and related Filipino bands The Dawn and Razorback.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Nov 21, 2017 - 12:38am
Laurie Anderson is finally queued. Everything Dupobs-related got straightened out so they're waiting patiently to be approved.
···
Ruiter
4 years ago
Jan 13, 2020 - 11:27pm
This might get Laurie Anderson in as well:
[www.discogs.com]
via Jesse Paris Smith's band Belle Ghoul, which features members of Electric Six (already in the db):
[www.discogs.com]
···
Bloopy
4 years ago
Jan 15, 2020 - 10:55pm
Nice, can't find any prior solo from Jesse Paris Smith so that opens up lots of potential connections. For now I've connected her to Patti Smith, who I happen to be seeing in concert in April... edit: that was cancelled :(
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005