Forums / Research / Alkaline Trio, etc.

Alkaline Trio, etc.

Ben ยท 4 replies

Alkaline Trio, etc.
Ben
18 years ago
Apr 20, 2005 - 8:37pm
I always wondered why all the important mid/late-90s-til-today Chicago-Punk-Bands (Alkaline Trio, Lawrence Arms, Slapstick, Smoking Popes/Duvall, Rise Against,... - I found at least 18 bands all connected together) are not connected to the tree. So I researched a little for myself and after a while I found that Rob Kellenberger of Duvall, Slapstick and Tuesday played drums on The Firebird Band's Album "The City at Night".
[thefirebirdband.com]
Apparently, he is not listed in the tree as a member on that record. So does he not count (coz he may be seen as a session musician)? And if not, there has got to be another connection to all those bands. But this one was the only one I found.... Help?
The Firebird Band
Kevin
18 years ago
Apr 25, 2005 - 7:31am
Ben,

I did a bunch of research on The Firebird Band / Project / Suite a while back and made pretty sure that I locked down the line-ups properly for each album. As for the City record specifically, this one is pretty clear cut in my view as to who is "counted" as a band member and who is not. On the bio page you've provided it begins:

"The Firebird Band is Christopher Broach and John Isberg."

That is a pretty good indicator right away as to who are the true members of the band. Further down when Rob is mentioned:

"they recruited drummer Rob Kellenberger (Duvall, Tuesday, Slapstick) to play live drums on this new album 'The City at Night'
List Of Bands
Ben
18 years ago
Apr 25, 2005 - 3:56pm
OK, I thought so about the Firebird Band, just wanted to make sure. Anyway, here is the list of all the bands:

Alkaline Trio
Slapstick
Tuesday
Duvall
Smoking Popes
The Lawrence Arms
The Broadways
The Honor System
Baxter
Rise Against
Pinhead Circus
Reach The Sky
The Killing Tree
Arma Angelus
88 Fingers Louie
Eclectics
Teenage Frames
Jerkwater

I'm pretty sure that there is some connection. Thanks!
Missing Link
poindexter
18 years ago
Apr 27, 2005 - 4:34am
Ben,

Use The Sky Corvair
[bandtoband.com]
Through Kevin Frank to Haymarket Riot
[www.divotrecords.com]
Through Billy Smith to the Traitors
[www.artistdirect.com]
Through Matt Skiba to Alkaline Trio

FYI The Traitors and Haymarket Riot are good spots to check for other Chicago bands. For instance you can take Billy Smith through Hubcap to someone from Dianogah. Or you can take the current Guitar player from Haymarket Riot to get Sweep The Leg Johnny.
Yeah
Ben
18 years ago
Apr 29, 2005 - 8:16pm
That's it! I'll send you guys all the connections when I get some time to do so. Thanks poindexter.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005