Forums / Off The Wall / Streaming music by me

Streaming music by me

pkasting · 8 replies

Streaming music by me
pkasting
18 years ago
Aug 9, 2005 - 7:27am
For those of you interested in what sort of music a bandtoband.com contributor listens to, I'll be resposible for the playlist of the Shoutcast stream at [ra.gotdns.org] for awhile starting Tuesday, August 9 at around 9 PM PST (and continuing through the night into some time next morning). I'll be playing about a 10 hour playlist (repeated after that) of melodic metal, rock, and some other miscellaneous bits. Lots of the bands are already on bandtoband and more aren't :D

Come check things out and see what you think. You'll be able to tell once my set starts because that admin page should say that the description is "ZSAOTD songs from Zero|DPX". There are no more than two songs by any particular artist in my playlist, so it should have some variety.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Aug 10, 2005 - 4:35am
Playing right now, if anyone is around and cares.
···
Python
18 years ago
Aug 10, 2005 - 6:39pm
Pretty good choice of music but what the hell is "Amon Tobin - Verbal (Feat. MC Decimal R)" doing in that playlist? This is just awful :)

edit: OK, I'm new to this Shoutcast thing but I was probably not listening to your set. Anyway, that song still sucks.
Amon Tobin
Mark
18 years ago
Aug 10, 2005 - 7:16pm
PK, if you do it again, please let us know. I meant to listen to it last night but I feel asleep right around when you were starting things up. As for Amon Tobin, I went to one of his events in New York City in '98. I hadn't thought about him since.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Aug 11, 2005 - 12:50am
If you were hearing Amon Tobin you weren't hearing my set at all. That was somebody else's set. So the music choices, good or bad, were not mine :). I think you caught the guy after me.

As for doing it again, I probably will at some point, but it may be with a different playlist, that isn't quite my "A game" of stuff I really love.

Sorry you two missed it :D. If you really care, here was the playlist:

[www.shacknews.com]

...you'll notice a number of bands in the database that I submitted in that list, heh.
The List
Mark
18 years ago
Aug 11, 2005 - 4:36pm
I've certainly heard of most of those bands (some of them only because of this site), but I've actually heard less than 10% of the music you played, so I get an F.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Dec 21, 2005 - 9:29am
I'm streaming ZSAOTD songs again starting right now (well half an hour ago actually), on our new host, [lastlife.net] . This will be playing until tomorrow morning at 11 AM PST...
···
Python
18 years ago
Dec 21, 2005 - 5:29pm
Firehouse is on at the moment. Oh wait, that's FireHouse :-)
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Jan 16, 2006 - 9:54pm
Streaming the set again (different playlist order) from 2 PM PST today (that's in 5 minutes) until 12 AM.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005