Forums / Off The Wall / Releases bought purely to ente...

Releases bought purely to enter them into BandToBand

Bloopy · 12 replies

Releases bought purely to enter them into BandToBand
Bloopy
7 years ago
Feb 26, 2017 - 5:28pm
Are there any releases you wouldn't have cared to buy, except that you wanted to enter them into B2B?

I bought this just so I could get a better picture of it. I don't have the right sort of needle to play it, but a toothpick works:
[www.youtube.com]

Now to let it languish in the queue...
···
Mark
7 years ago
Feb 27, 2017 - 2:41am
That video is incredible!
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Feb 27, 2017 - 11:14am
I like the Victor run-out groove seen at the end. It's cut off-centre so jukeboxes notice the wobbling when it's done playing.

I came across one in scott's queue recently where you said you got it to confirm details, and offered to send it to him because you didn't want it. Discogs disagreed with your aliases. I've forgotten what it was though.
···
scott
7 years ago
Feb 27, 2017 - 3:02pm
···
Python
7 years ago
Mar 6, 2017 - 10:39pm
Yup, this one:
[www.bandtoband.com]

and the special edition of this one, just to see what the liner notes say about the live songs (I already owned the regular edition):
[www.bandtoband.com]

and also the US, Japanese and European versions (yes, the same album, three times) of this one:
[www.bandtoband.com]

The US and European versions still await verification (hint hint)

Probably some other stuff I can't remember but the ones above are the first to come to mind.
···
Python
7 years ago
Mar 11, 2017 - 10:29am
···
Matt Westwood
7 years ago
Mar 11, 2017 - 3:41pm
I got hold of The Imagined Village so as to be able to verify or not its entry by Ruiter. Rather than it being a great big collaboration of lots of artists, it was more of a compilation of many sub-collaborations, and was of such complexity as to be still languishing in Ruiter's Q box to this day.
···
Ruiter
7 years ago
Mar 18, 2017 - 10:25pm
I'm sorry about that, I do hope you like that album anyway. I bought the K Fellowship on the day it was released, photographed the credits and gave it away to a true Kate Bush fanatic. I like Kate's music though, so maybe I'll get another one.
···
Ruiter
6 years ago
Mar 21, 2018 - 5:01pm
Quasi-related: I was planning to see 7 Seconds live because of all the fuss about them on b2b, but unfortunately they have split and have cancelled all of their upcoming shows.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Mar 21, 2018 - 7:09pm
They'll have more time to find those missing demo covers for us now!
···
scott
6 years ago
Mar 21, 2018 - 7:25pm
Kevin swears he has them in his storage space and that I can go with him to get them next time I'm in Sacto and have time. Hopefully get covers for his two solo releases that are coverless in the queue as well.

Also, RIP 7Seconds, my favorite band growing up.
···
Bloopy
5 years ago
May 29, 2018 - 1:38am
Does Kevin S know he seemingly has a font named after him? I actually used it on the cover of my compilation EP in 2012:

[www.fontspace.com]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005