I'm off

Python · 4 replies

I'm off
Python
17 years ago
May 28, 2006 - 1:44pm
... to Crete for a week. No computers, no music, just sun and beaches. See you guys next week.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jun 5, 2006 - 1:12pm
How was it?
···
Python
17 years ago
Jun 5, 2006 - 3:08pm
It was great; lots of sun while in the meantime Belgium had the coldest 1st of June in the last 70 years or so. We rented a car for three days which was quite an experience if you're not used to driving in the mountains. I wanted to walk through the Samaria gorge but that would have been too hard for my girlfriend (she has a hernia) so we did the Imbros gorge instead (http://www.creteisland.gr/english/chania/sfakia/imbros/imbros.html).

We did a couple of short hiking trips to nearby beaches that were less 'touristy'. At the beach I've done something I hadn't done in 15 years: I've read a book (Deception Point).

Too bad it was actually '6 days 7 nights', instead of '8 days 7 nights'. We arrived there at 2.30 AM last Sunday; so while we left on a Saturday that didn't really count as a vacation day. Same thing when we got back yesterday: we had to catch the 7 AM plane, which meant we had to check in at 5 AM so we had to get up at 3.30 AM.

But I'm not complaining; next month I'll be on a plane to Canada for three weeks of hiking.
···
Mark
17 years ago
Jun 11, 2006 - 10:48pm
It sounds like you're not letting your summer go to waste. Good idea.
I'm off again
Python
17 years ago
Jul 2, 2006 - 11:49am
By this time tomorrow, I'll be on my way to Vancouver. I won't be sending in new submissions the next three weeks but maybe I'll be able to check in here once or twice.
So how about raising the number of bands to 7500 by the time I'm back :-)
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005