Forums / Off The Wall / Bands you saw because of this...

Bands you saw because of this site.

Mark · 12 replies

Bands you saw because of this site.
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 7, 2005 - 5:52am
Tonight I saw Pita, whom I had never heard of until AJ came along.
The Line
Kevin
18 years ago
Dec 8, 2005 - 6:02pm
I was never a big Johnny Cash fan, although I like his late American recordings with Rick Ruben, but I went and saw Walk The Line last night and was stoked when they mentioned a single by Johnny Cash And The Tennesee Two. There's only one place I'd heard of a single by them before...

Kevin
···
ajweitzman
18 years ago
Dec 8, 2005 - 11:00pm
So, how was he? :-) I'm thrilled I was able to put him on your radar. I've always had a lot of respect for the guy, and own more than a few of his releases, but I've never seen a show of his.
···
bgzimmer
18 years ago
Dec 11, 2005 - 6:06pm
Just saw "Walk The Line" and caught the references to The Tennessee Two and The Tennessee Three. (JC & The Tennessee Three were credited as a band on at least one album, "One Piece At A Time", which I've added to the queue!)
···
Mark
18 years ago
Dec 12, 2005 - 5:53am
Pita was definitely not my type of music, but it was interesting. I only knew what to expect from reading up on his stuff while adding your albums to the live database. Prior to last week, I had only seen a laptop in action at a show once, but last week I had a 500% increase.
Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two
brautigan25
18 years ago
Feb 13, 2006 - 3:58am
YES! That was me! :D Score!
···
Mark
18 years ago
Feb 13, 2006 - 5:40am
Are you returning to action soon?
Aaaand action!
brautigan25
18 years ago
Feb 15, 2006 - 11:57pm
Yes. There is pen and paper at the ready. A list of artists and bands, and weekends in my future with nothing better to do. And of course, beer, my favorite research tool.

Dave
Legends of Motorsport
Bloopy
8 years ago
Oct 23, 2015 - 11:42pm
I saw Legends of Motorsport in Melbourne AU last night. I hadn't heard of them until I came across them in bgzimmer's queue:

[www.bandtoband.com]

Awesome band! They were celebrating 20 years of existence, hence the streamers:
[i.imgur.com]
···
shakinghell
8 years ago
Oct 24, 2015 - 6:18am
Do you live in Melbourne Bloopy, or just visiting? I've been here for several years, and am currently living in Brunswick.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Oct 24, 2015 - 7:15am
Just visiting, here until 3rd Nov. Will be busy next weekend so would be good to catch up sooner rather than later if you want. I'm thinking about going to the Coffin Wolf show at Old Bar tonight, but not sure about any more gigs after that.
···
shakinghell
8 years ago
Oct 26, 2015 - 11:36am
I'm fairly busy this week too. You're not here for Maggotfest perchance? I'm thinking of going on Friday mostly to hear this:
[prag1.bandcamp.com]

EDIT: Whoops, apparently that was last year's festival, and this year is pretty much sold out. But might still go to the Bendigo Hotel on Thurs night for this: [www.facebook.com]
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Oct 26, 2015 - 12:01pm
I'll be out of the city on Thu/Fri, but I could probably put aside some time on Sun or Mon if one of those suits. I won't be doing a whole lot other than maybe keeping strange hours and watching the rugby world cup games for a laugh.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005