B2B Dreams

Bloopy · 14 replies

B2B Dreams
Bloopy
8 years ago
Jul 1, 2015 - 10:40pm
I've had a few BandToBand dreams now. The general theme seems to be making lots of imaginary connections and easily finding info.

After looking into the real name of a person in my queue last night, I dreamt they were already live with a few bands, and playing in a bunch more. It's a lot easier to figure info out when you can just teleport into someone's band practice. One of the bands was a duo who were still working on recruiting another two members. So instead of practising their instruments, they were playing table tennis. Maybe I was being a little too proactive with that one!
···
Mark
8 years ago
Jul 7, 2015 - 1:17am
I have had a lot of B2B dreams too. This one may have been my favorite: www.bandtoband.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5362
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Jul 28, 2015 - 9:24pm
Today I dreamt that one aspect of B2B had exhausted its hard drive space, causing the tree of a small group of bands to be disconnected from the rest. Then the wife of Dexter Morgan from the TV show Dexter was asking him why they only had $1024 left in their bank account. Seemed he'd quit his job and invested in B2B stock, and now he was depending on Kevin fixing the problem so he could keep feeding his family.
···
Bloopy
8 years ago
Dec 22, 2015 - 11:34pm
B2B was in my dreams at least twice this week. In the first, B2B had a physical office where we had to go to work. There was a couple of new recruits and we were learning how to handle the paperwork side of things. Meanwhile, every time a shamble got fixed it made a bigger mess and deleted the cover image. Album pages allowed users to add comments, so when one of my entries went live with a really grainy replacement image, it got told how ugly it was. Later I was trying to visit the house of a musician to get lineup info, but I went to the wrong address. I was soon taken to the appropriate house of weirdos but couldn't get any sense out of them, haha.

The 2nd was about something like the Push 'em Thru threads. It was like a championship race with everyone participating. Whoever managed to trade the most entries 1 for 1 with everyone else would get the most of theirs live and be leading the race. I was displeased that I wasn't fast enough. Sounds like a great idea, right?
···
Python
8 years ago
Dec 23, 2015 - 9:11am
Really, you should go see a psycho therapist who specializes in dream analysis and tell him/her all about your dreams. That could get very interesting :)
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Jul 24, 2016 - 11:58pm
I'm posting here so you experts can be my B2B-therapist! Last week I dreamt that I queued up a winding chain of thirty-something bands. To check over what I'd entered I had to physically travel along a route. I had to be cautious because a few of the band members were criminals. On the return journey I was travelling by bus. Just my luck I had to get off and change buses at a corner where the road was flooded with knee-deep water. I guess that part of the band link was a bit dodgy.

Finding connections in metal-archives is a bit like that. Maybe I could see where else my 8-step path to Lordi leads and make the dream a reality.
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Oct 19, 2016 - 1:45am
I dreamt we were making albums live at the rate of hundreds a day and it was great. Another fantasy to be made into reality.
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Oct 28, 2016 - 12:19am
This morning's dream was about a guy I've entered in queue but never seen/met. His current band is actually playing here this weekend but I'm going to something else. I dreamt I went to his show instead and he was releasing a compilation CD for the occasion. I got a copy and tried to discern the lineups of the bands that were on it. He'd made it as shambolic as scott's vision of The BandToBand Band release, with unlisted tracks, wrong track numbers and limited lineup info including mix-ups with members who joined after recording. One solo artist on the comp was pictured as a 3-piece with her parents who'd helped her out somehow. Meanwhile, B2B contributors were downloading music from me for some reason, maybe as a way of verifying info. Then it turned out that the 1st track on the comp was one of my songs, but the title had been rearranged and I was quite annoyed. The lyrics were printed with most of the words blurred. When I played the CD, it was one of my other songs and not the aforementioned one, so I was now very annoyed!
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Nov 5, 2017 - 1:23pm
I dreamt I was at a bar which was in a long, narrow room. I paid for a beer and the bartender told me I'd reached a goal on my club card and my next drink would be free. She started talking about some other more complex prize that came with it, but I couldn't hear her any more. Weirdly at this bar you had to pick your room temperature beer from a shelf beside the bar. I got a bit worried as I struggled to even find one beer that appealed to me and would have to redeem my free drink later. Eventually I found an alcoholic ketchup and settled on that (the tomato sauce I buy in real life has some beer in it so up to 0.08% alcohol). I sat down at a table, only to then notice there was already a couple there. Then more of their family returned to fill up the table and I found myself being unusually sociable. Later, I checked BandToBand and found that the bartender had entered a band called Bloopy Pachinko, with the band members being all the bar patrons who'd won the aforementioned prize which I failed to hear about. Maybe she'd been proactive and we were supposed to get together and record something later, but you guys had already verified and published it. Instead of a 2-letter country suffix, my name had "( nezee )" or something like that.
···
shakinghell
6 years ago
Nov 6, 2017 - 11:35am
These are very entertaining.
···
Mark
6 years ago
Nov 27, 2017 - 6:20pm
Last night's dream:

On the first day of my second year of college, I was assigned to a huge dorm room with six beds for four roommates. One roommate was allowed to rotate among three of the beds. The other three roommates received one bed each: my real-life roommate Paul took a corner bed, Matt Westwood took the middle one, and I took another corner bed. Matt politely asked if we minded if he smoked in the room. As I started my response, we heard the commotion of a robbery occurring at a nearby bank and rushed outside.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Jan 4, 2018 - 11:30am
My most recent memorable one was on the night I started reading Shantaram. I dreamt the author was among a group of people auditioning to be a smuggler, which involved swimming out from a beach. The audition was soon abandoned when a woman in the group pricked her toe on a heroin needle in the water. They helped her stumble back onto the beach, but she was overdosing. On the beach there was a recently deceased dolphin with an unusually wide mouth, and the woman fell into it. People reached in to try and retrieve her. I was then figuring out a band the woman had been a member of. A flashback showed a band member had dug himself into the sand. Seemingly the woman joined the band by meeting him there, probably before heading into the water. I was trying to see if they'd done any recording right there. Not sure why, but I'd put the guy's name 3 times in one lineup with only 1 spelling mistake, which is impossible in reality.
···
Bloopy
6 years ago
Mar 20, 2018 - 4:42pm
I dreamt I was watching a live stream of a car race. A car got tipped up on its side at a hairpin corner and came to rest against a palm tree. While they were taking forever to clear the accident, I heard about a soccer match from 1991 that was worth seeing for some reason and found a download of the video. Apparently the match was held in Hollywood even though both teams were from South America, and the video had commentary from one of the coaches. Said coach was now standing in pit lane and the video was entered as a car in the car race somehow. I entered the match into B2B as an artistic performance with each team and maybe the referee etc. in the lineup and it made at least one live connection. Then one of the B2B newcomers let me know he'd contacted 3/4 of the band of one of my other entries and gathered more robust info, while the racing circuit and palm trees remained in view like a computer desktop background.
···
Bloopy
3 years ago
Feb 7, 2021 - 1:37am
First memorable one in a while. I dreamt we were able to use both the current and new versions of the B2B website. I had a couple of shambles to report so I picked the new site to post on, although it looked a lot like the old one. One of the shambles was a case where a musician had been entered twice, once with a title implying higher social rank prefixed onto his name. Once again I associated B2B with a physical location, the new site being Lower Hutt, New Zealand for some reason. Someone had Googled an obscure band's name, which probably happened to be the name of two other bands in B2B. They just didn't understand what they were looking at and complained on the forum. Then they drove off down the street in Lower Hutt, with the street having two lanes going in their direction to represent the two bands they'd found.
···
Bloopy
2 years ago
Oct 25, 2021 - 10:20pm
I was running along a highway with 3 lanes going in the same direction and passing other runners (I think, sometimes my dreams flip-flop between whether I'm on foot or driving). Which is more like if I was driving as I tend to drive a little faster than most drivers, and certainly not if I was running as I'd be good for about 50 metres. I got to a downhill section and untucked my t-shirt (I was wearing a jersey over top of it, making my running ability even more unbelievable). The route then took me along a narrow wooden platform on the side of a cliff face, and then to a giant wooden ladder which I started to descend.

I thought my running pace was somehow associated with people's first and last names, and I could make time if I only concentrated on last names, meaning dropping down two ladder rungs at a time. But I seemingly got curious and stopped to look at each rung I missed anyway. I associated each rung with reading about a past B2B shamble that had been corrected many years ago. A couple were about how certain label names didn't work well with how they were displayed on the site (eg. appending a word that didn't read right or a symbol that might offend in the context). However, they seemed to be beer brands... as seen on the labels of bottles rather than records.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005