Forums / Off The Wall / Albums you bought because of t...

Albums you bought because of this site...

Python · 6 replies

Albums you bought because of this site...
Python
18 years ago
Oct 24, 2005 - 4:29pm
Has anyone bought CD's because you accidently found out about them while trying to get another band in the database?
I've bought CD's of Zan Clan, Beautiful Creatures, Steel Prophet, Shotgun Messiah, Extreme and Seven Witches only because of this site.
Yes but ...
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Oct 24, 2005 - 5:30pm
... did you like them?
···
Python
18 years ago
Oct 24, 2005 - 5:52pm
Yep, pretty much all of them.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Oct 24, 2005 - 7:34pm
I've read some incredible reviews that almost inspired me to track down the albums. But nothing so far.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Oct 25, 2005 - 12:51am
Since I check out everything via filesharing before buying, I've found out about several bands on here that I've tossed on my (hundreds of albums long) list of items to look into.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Oct 25, 2005 - 3:12am
This review for Earth Eighteen is one that comes to mind.

[www.collectortimes.com] :
... this record flat-out scares me, as a musician who'd like to earn his living making music. "butterfly" is, in my opinion, almost indisputably one of the great rock masterpieces of the 1990's (and, in my opinion, one of the 10 best albums i own, out of about 4000 or so) ...
John Surman
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Nov 28, 2005 - 8:48am
... cropped up when I was looking out Soft Machine links. Heard something awesomely beautiful on the radio the other day. It was him ("The Road To St. Ives"). Wouldn't necessarily have picked up on it had it not been for the Softs connection. Highly recommended if you like Jazz-Classical. I'd give it a miss if your exclusive listening is punk/rap/hiphop.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005