Forums / Off The Wall / 2020 Survivors

2020 Survivors

Bloopy · 5 replies

2020 Survivors
Bloopy
3 years ago
May 27, 2020 - 2:29am
For something more positive, how about musicians who narrowly survived this year? I realise 2020's not over of course.

Will Carroll of Death Angel had a close one. Glad he's still alive as I saw them in concert in 2018 and I particularly like it if musicians I've seen live stick around and maybe tour here again.

[datebook.sfchronicle.com]
"While in the coma, Carroll said he had dreams of visiting the afterlife. He saw himself leave his body and plummet down to hell, where Satan — a woman in his case — punished him for the deadly sin of sloth, morphing him into a Jabba the Hutt-like monster who vomited blood until he had a heart attack."
···
Ruiter
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2020 - 10:05am
[www.latimes.com]
"Mark Mothersbaugh nearly died from COVID-19. FaceTiming with his family kept him alive"
···
Ruiter
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2020 - 12:52pm
[www.bbc.com]
"Queen guitarist Brian May has revealed he "could have died" after being rushed to hospital following a heart attack... "I walked out with a heart that's very strong now, so I think I'm in good shape for some time to come."
···
Ruiter
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2020 - 1:27pm
[www.brooklynvegan.com]
"You may recall that punk/new wave great Wreckless Eric tested positive for coronavirus a couple weeks ago. As he wrote then, he continued to write and record through it all: "I feel almost ok when I’m working on my recordings."
···
Ruiter
3 years ago
Oct 7, 2020 - 1:35pm
[www.theguardian.com]
"Musician, 73, thanks NHS staff who ‘without a doubt’ saved her life"
···
Bloopy
3 years ago
Oct 11, 2020 - 11:01am
Maynard James Keenan of Tool says he's still dealing with residual effects after having had it in February:
[metalinjection.net]

The only guy(s) I know personally who've had it are one or two of the members of band Swallow the Rat, but haven't heard anything from them beyond this article:
[thespinoff.co.nz]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005