Forums / General Discussion / Woodstock Mountains

Woodstock Mountains

Matt Westwood · 7 replies

Woodstock Mountains
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Sep 3, 2005 - 6:45pm
... blimey! Which band on the DB has the largest lineup?
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Sep 3, 2005 - 7:15pm
Holy crap.

And I think you've found another statistic to go on the "All Statistics" page!
···
Mark
18 years ago
Sep 3, 2005 - 11:27pm
Don't forget about Trans-Siberian Orchestra. That's a big one.
What? New Stats?
Kevin
18 years ago
Sep 4, 2005 - 5:16am
Done.

Kevin
···
bgzimmer
18 years ago
Sep 11, 2005 - 7:39am
Heh. I submitted Woodstock Mountains (and the other nearby hippie collectives like Mud Acres and the Even Dozen Jug Band). I only had 13 members verified -- I see that went up to 19! But hey, how else are you going to connect the Mamas and the Papas to the Velvet Underground?
Hats off then ...
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Sep 11, 2005 - 9:41am
... you good man! The thought wandered through my own synapses at one time whether Maria Muldaur was linkable, but I had other things I wanted to research ...
Woodstock Mountains
Mark
18 years ago
Sep 11, 2005 - 4:08pm
This site ( [www.geocities.jp] ) has cover scans, label info, lineups, and release years for three of the bands you submitted:

[www.geocities.jp] (Mud Acres)
[www.geocities.jp] (Woodstock Mountains)
[www.geocities.jp] (Woodstock Mountains Revue)

For Woodstock Mountains, some sources (like allmusic.com) listed only 13 band members simply because the front cover only lists 13 names. But other sites list more:
[www.geocities.jp] (19 names)
[www.marcogiunco.com] (22 names)

I took the middle ground between 13 and 22, which also happened to be the information from the most reliable web site. I think it's also important that the cover has 19 people in the band photo.
···
bgzimmer
18 years ago
Sep 13, 2005 - 8:04am
Speaking of ultramegasupergroups... I've been trying to get the 15-member Scottish group The Reindeer Section into the tree somehow...

[www.epitonic.com]

It would connect up a whole network of Scottish bands (Belle & Sebastian, Teenage Fanclub, The Vaselines, etc.). Unfortunately, the Scots seem to be an insular lot, and I can't find anyone who can link to the tree. Any ideas?
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005