Forums / General Discussion / What's the best thing you've d...

What's the best thing you've discovered ...

misterpomp ยท 4 replies

What's the best thing you've discovered ...
misterpomp
18 years ago
May 21, 2005 - 8:37pm
.. while trying to make a link to get one of your 'must haves' into the tree? Mine are a close link between veteran Brit-metal outfit Demon and the Sutherland Brothers (of Rod Stewart's 'Sailing' fame) and the fact that Alec Johnson of NWOBHM band Nightwing (and his own Alec Johnson band which I will propose at some future date) was later in a recording line-up of Herman's Hermits. 'Least best' thing? Mark's a stickler for rule 5 :-) and how discussions about the meaning of words like 'collaboration' and 'collective' can descend into farce pretty quickly!
Best thing:
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
May 22, 2005 - 9:19am
Finding a link to Twelfth Night.

Least best thinG; *Not* finding a link to BeBop DeLuxe.
BeBop Deluxe
misterpomp
18 years ago
May 22, 2005 - 11:34am
Not my fave band but doesn't the appearance of BBD drummer Simon Fox on the NWOBHM single by 'Blazer, Blazer' offer a way into Visage (who have a different line-up already in the tree) via shared member Steve Barnacle? I'll leave you to fill in the detail!!
BeBop Deluxe
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
May 22, 2005 - 1:37pm
Wow - that's the one!

I'd already established that the keyboardist out of the original Cockney Rebel lineup played with BBD but didn't stay long enough to record on any of their albums. I also established that Bill Nelson played on a reconvened Japan album - but only as a guest (both Japan and Cockney Rebel are awaiting their turn in the Help queue) and Charles Tumahai played in a few New Zealand bands which I got lost trying to link into the database. So the "Blazer, Blazer" connection may be the one.
Re: best thing
Mark
18 years ago
May 23, 2005 - 4:52pm
I'm still fired up about Buddy Holly making his way into the tree. And Chevy Chase, that was a fun addition. There are a handful of other surprises in there... For a while, the link from Spinal Tap to the Blues Brothers passed through both the Doors and Led Zeppelin. I thought that was ridiculous.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005