Forums / General Discussion / Things to do in 2009

Things to do in 2009

ajweitzman · 25 replies

Things to do in 2009
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Feb 18, 2009 - 3:37pm
This will tie a few bands closer together, and create a path to Hanson!

[www.billboard.com]
···
scott
15 years ago
Feb 19, 2009 - 2:59am
I was just reading about that. I can't see anyway that album will be listenable.
···
pin_punk
15 years ago
Feb 19, 2009 - 9:40am
I don't know, I do love Fountains Of Wayne, and as much as I was never a big Pumpkins fan I always kind of liked James Iha as a musician.

I remain hopeful that it's really just their band and the Hanson kid is only there for the sake of publicity and will have no musical input whatsoever.
···
misterpomp
15 years ago
Feb 19, 2009 - 10:26am
On the other hand, I love early Cheap Trick (but think nothing they've done for a very long time has been remarkable), find Fountains of Wayne patchy, think Hanson (and particularly Taylor Hanson) were much better than they were perceived mainly because of the way they were mmarketed and have never heard anything I liked by the Smashing Pumpkins or any of their side projects. And if I had to choose just one of the members to go and see, definitely Mr. Hanson...
···
Mark
15 years ago
Feb 23, 2009 - 4:52pm
If anyone is interested, there's a new Smashing Pumpkins box set of live material from the most recent tour. I don't know the details, but this might be the only way to get the three new band members into the database.

[www.smashingpumpkins.com]
···
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Feb 26, 2009 - 9:06pm
Well, now you can decide for yourselves:

[www.tintedwindowsmusic.com]

IMHO: Perfectly average pop song. Nothing wrong with it, but nothing exciting about it, either.
···
bgzimmer
15 years ago
Mar 12, 2009 - 5:03pm
···
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Mar 12, 2009 - 5:24pm
It's available on 7" and iTunes now, so I entered it.

(You can stream both tracks at [www.thedeadweather.com] as well.)
Street Sweeper
Ruiter
15 years ago
Mar 24, 2009 - 8:55am
New band with Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine) and Boots Riley (The Coup):
[www.myspace.com]
Men Without Pants
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Mar 24, 2009 - 12:57pm
Russell Simins + Dan The Automator:

[www.myspace.com]

They're 5 steps apart now.
Alice In Chains
pin_punk
15 years ago
Apr 29, 2009 - 3:20pm
New album due out in September. Replacement singer William DuVall is 6 steps away from the band at the moment.
The Vladislav Delay Quartet
Ruiter
15 years ago
May 22, 2009 - 4:28pm
[www.vladislavdelay.com]
With Mika Vainio (Pan Sonic) on electronics, Derek Shirley on double bass, Lucio Capece on saxophones & bass clarinet and Vladislav Delay on drums.
Street Sweeper > Tom Morello / Boots Riley
Ruiter
15 years ago
May 22, 2009 - 4:49pm
On their debut album they use "Tom Morello / Boots Riley" as the band name and "Street Sweeper Social Club" as the album title:
[bandtoband.com]
About (3 db members plus Alexis Taylor)
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Jun 1, 2009 - 5:22pm
Nothing released yet, but it looks like there might be something one day, which would get Hot Chip into the db:

[www.thewire.co.uk]
Monsters Of Folk
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Jun 12, 2009 - 5:39pm
Linking Conor Oberst to M. Ward (currently 10 steps apart) and providing an easy path to My Morning Jacket:

[pitchfork.com]
Them Crooked Vultures
ajweitzman
15 years ago
Aug 4, 2009 - 5:54pm
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005