Forums / General Discussion / Things to do in 2007

Things to do in 2007

Ruiter · 14 replies

Things to do in 2007
Ruiter
17 years ago
Dec 30, 2006 - 9:36am
Some new and interesting lineups for b2b to watch. Will they release records in 2007?
- Modest Mouse with Johnny Marr on guitar:
[www.nme.com]
- Grinderman, Nick Cave's new band:
[www.myspace.com]
- The Burial Chamber Trio, with Sun O)))'s Greg Anderson, Oren Ambarchi and Attila Csihar of Mayhem
[forums.southernlord.com]
Marr
Kevin
17 years ago
Jan 4, 2007 - 4:59am
I had heard of Johnny Marr playing in Modest Mouse but reading:
"Then he was pretty much a member of the band - not pretty much. He's a full blown member of the band. It's really fuckin' nice.""

That's just bizarre.

Kevin
Chicken Foot
Python
17 years ago
Jan 11, 2007 - 9:18pm
Dead Child
Ruiter
17 years ago
Jan 23, 2007 - 4:03pm
New heavy metal band featuring members of Slint and The For Carnation:
[www.deadchild.net]
No record out yet, but already headlining a tour.
Von Südenfed
ajweitzman
17 years ago
Jan 23, 2007 - 6:16pm
Mouse On Mars + Mark E Smith = Von Südenfed

[www.myspace.com]

Can't get enough!
Indeed...
Ruiter
17 years ago
Jan 24, 2007 - 9:06pm
... nice b2b-connection!
Pride of Lions
Python
17 years ago
Jan 25, 2007 - 10:17pm
It looks like the new Pride of Lions album will promote the studio band to full time members. If that's the case, Mike Aquino will reduce the number of steps from Pride of Lions to Mecca from 8 to 1.
Nice shortcuts....
Python
17 years ago
Feb 28, 2007 - 7:55pm
From Melodicrock.com

Artension guitarist Roger Staffelbach dropped me an e-mail to introduce a new project he is currently working on - Angel Of Eden.
The release date will be July 21 on Marquee/Avalon for Japan, other territories to be announced. Featured in Angel Of Eden is: Roger Staffelbach - Guitars (Artension); Carsten Schulz - Vocals (Evidence One); Mats Olausson - Keys (Yngwie); Ferdy Doernberg - Keys (Uli Roth, Axel Rudi Pell); Steve DiGiorgio - bass (Testament, Sebastian Bach); Rami Ali - Drums (Evidence One).

Ferdy Dörnberg and Carsten Schulz are now 13 steps apart.
Cat Power and Dirty Delta Blues...
Ruiter
17 years ago
Mar 13, 2007 - 4:25pm
... with Judah Bauer (Jon Spencer Blues Explosion), Jim White (Nick Cave, Dirty Tree, Smog), Gregg Forman (Delta 72) and Erik Paparozzi:
[www.pitchforkmedia.com]
···
scott
17 years ago
Mar 13, 2007 - 5:13pm
I'm shocked Gregg Forman is still alive.
This one could beat Centipede:
Ruiter
17 years ago
Jul 4, 2007 - 11:36am
[www.pitchforkmedia.com]

"There seems to be loads of excitement brewing over this weekend's 77-drum circle put on by the Boredoms at Brooklyn Bridge Park (going down 07/07/07, naturally). Is it the numeric synergy? A show of support for Japan's premier noise-rockers? Either way, expect the opposite of boredom at what's being billed as 77BOADRUM.

Sure, Boredoms could've chosen any djembe-dragging Joe off the street to fill in their 74 vacant spots (we presume the other three-- and the mysterious "0" spot-- are going to Boredoms members). But no; they had to get members and friends of Modest Mouse, Lightning Bolt, Man Man, Gang Gang Dance, Soft Circle, Oneida, Excepter, Aa, Blood on the Wall, Pit Er Pat, Unwound, Enon, Arbouretum, Sunburned Hand of the Man, Sightings, White Magic, No Neck Blues Band, Panthers, Celebration, Negative Approach, Tall Firs, and others, turning this into a veritable Traveling Wilburys of avant-garde percussion.

Something tells me, despite the 76 other maniacs pounding around him, Andrew W.K. will come through loud and clear. From note one. Something also tells me an enterprising production company could turn this into one of the cooler live albums/DVDs we'll see in a while".
···
paperxwalls
17 years ago
Jul 25, 2007 - 6:34am
7 months later and I still can't believe Johnny Marr is actually a member of Modest Mouse.

And I'm also quite happy we managed to finally get Andrew W.K. and ABBA into the db this year.

Anything else in store for the rest of '07?

here's one:

- if The Explosion ever get around to officially releasing their latest album (despite the fact that they're about to call it quits), it'll shorten the path between the Boston and NJ punk/hardcore scenes.
Vincent Gallo + Hole's Eric Erlandson Form Improv Act
Ruiter
16 years ago
Nov 7, 2007 - 9:56pm
Epica
Python
16 years ago
Dec 7, 2007 - 4:12pm
Now that Arien van Weesenbeek from God Dethroned has officially joined Epica, they better record some new material with him because both bands are 22 steps apart now.
···
shakinghell
15 years ago
Dec 21, 2008 - 9:18am
the 77 drummer thing got released, but as a Boredoms album with a 4-member core lineup :(
[en.wikipedia.org]
i don't think there's any way around it.
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005