Forums / General Discussion / The Assembly - Band Members

The Assembly - Band Members

hntcln2 · 4 replies

The Assembly - Band Members
hntcln2
9 years ago
May 7, 2014 - 3:18pm
I've just brought a copy of the 7" single "Never Never" by The Assembly, and notice that the listing here doesnt include Fergal Sharkey (The Singer) or Clem Clempson (Guitar).

After reading, what I think is the relevent rule, again I think they should be included. If I'm wrong, can someone please explain why not?

Thanks.
···
misterpomp
9 years ago
May 7, 2014 - 6:41pm
Have a quick look at the back cover (in evidence). The 2 members are clearly distinguished. Don't know what's Clempson's crediting was but Sharkey's not part of 'The assembly'. Clempson's not even mentioned.
···
hntcln2
9 years ago
May 8, 2014 - 7:25am
On the rear cover it states "the singer: feargal sharkey" in red under The Assembly credits, and then under that "guitar clem clempson" in green.

The Assembly's intention was to hire a separate singer for each song, with Feargal being the first. However, the band disbanded after only one release, so no other singers were hired.

Clem Clempson was brought in to add some real guitar to the sampled guitar tracks.

Though I now agree, they shouldn't be credited as members, per rules 2 and 2c. (just read them again)
···
misterpomp
9 years ago
May 8, 2014 - 11:24am
Sorry - didn't see Clempson's credit when I first replied!
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005