Forums / General Discussion / Thanks to Karma Depth ...

Thanks to Karma Depth ...

Matt Westwood · 8 replies

Thanks to Karma Depth ...
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Sep 21, 2005 - 4:17pm
... the link from Atheist to Shakra is down to 16 albums.
···
Python
18 years ago
Sep 21, 2005 - 4:45pm
Yep, I actually tried to make the longest link longer. I managed to get to 31 with Panopticum and then I found out that one of their members is now in God Dethroned, which is about 5 levels away from Atheist :)

The stats info is still wrong though.
···
pkasting
18 years ago
Sep 21, 2005 - 6:01pm
Darn, I was so proud of that after having submitted Shakra (a great band) and many of the bands near them.

But yeah, Karma Death and a few other recent editions are really good to get in there.

I wonder if Kevin needs to manually kick the stats page to make it cycle.
···
Mark
18 years ago
Sep 21, 2005 - 7:02pm
The stats are supposed to update every time you click on a band's page. Unfortunately there are some mysterious inaccuracies that stick around for the first few days after some bands' stats are run for the first time.

I'd like to see all the links eventually get down under 10. There are so many shortcuts out that there we haven't even documented.
···
Python
18 years ago
Sep 22, 2005 - 6:12am
Yeah, I know the longest link used to be updated immediately when you found another one. I just tried Atheist to Metal Majesty and that's 23 levels but it still shows Atheist to Shakra with 16 levels.
hehe
Python
18 years ago
Sep 23, 2005 - 6:25am
So long for the new longest link. I found an error in one of the lineups of God Dethroned and Nile and now Atheist to Assholeparade is 35 levels.
... and now thanks to Neurotica
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Sep 30, 2005 - 6:43am
... and Pitbull Daycare, it's right back down to 28 again ...
Yep...
Python
18 years ago
Sep 30, 2005 - 2:52pm
It's fun playing with the stats, huh :-)
Let's try to bring it down to 25...
Naah ...
Matt Westwood
18 years ago
Sep 30, 2005 - 3:12pm
... more fun when the longest link gets *longer* ... although with the work I'm involved in, shorter may well be the way to go. There are some fascinatingly surprising links to be found in obscure 60's bands that released a couple of singles then split up and went on to do completely different things ...
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005