Forums / General Discussion / Surprisingly long link

Surprisingly long link

Matt Westwood · 11 replies

Surprisingly long link
Matt Westwood
10 years ago
Jul 29, 2013 - 9:34pm
Having mistakenly misremembered half of Electronic as being half of the Pet Shop Boys, I wondered why they weren't in, but then I remembered, d'oh! it was New Order.

Then I tested the length of the chain between New Order and Pet Shop Boys, and discovered it was actually 11 steps.

That's a surprisingly long chain for two bands who are fairly close in genre and scene. (Feel free to argue that NE and PSB are in fact totally different in everything about them, off course, as is your right.)

Any other "surprisingly long" chains anyone can find?
···
bgzimmer
10 years ago
Jul 30, 2013 - 2:45pm
···
misterpomp
10 years ago
Jul 30, 2013 - 10:29pm
9 steps yet so many people seemed to find it hard to tell them apart...

[www.bandtoband.com]
···
Matt Westwood
10 years ago
Aug 1, 2013 - 6:16pm
The delightful thing about mp's link is that it goes through the sublimely unique Medicine Head ...
···
pin_punk
10 years ago
Aug 1, 2013 - 7:17pm
Pet Shop Boys are also 10 steps away from Erasure, who I'd say are even more similar to them.
···
Matt Westwood
10 years ago
Nov 2, 2013 - 11:30am
From Yachts to Yachtless is 6 steps ... there was me thinking Sean Tyla had actually been in Yachts. Ho hum.
Supremes to Four Tops
Matt Westwood
10 years ago
Jan 13, 2014 - 2:50am
... the link is 7 steps, despite a collab or two, and that chain goes through the artificial "Blues Brothers" and "X-Pensive Winos" artifacts ...
···
pkasting
7 years ago
Apr 23, 2016 - 9:57pm
Once Audio Adrenaline's "Kings & Queens" and "Sound Of The Saints" get in, they will be 17 steps apart -- for two successive releases by the same band.

Anyone have a longer path between two successive releases by one band? Obviously this requires the releases sharing no members, which already means I can only think of one other case offhand (Sonicflood's first two albums, not in the DB).
···
bgzimmer
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2016 - 2:31am
Check out the "Contiguous Mutually Exclusive Line-ups" section of the stats page for more possibilities.
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2016 - 7:34am
You might have a winner there. Uniform Choice lineups D & A are 15 steps apart, but the entry for band The Shockwaves in my queue would shorten that to 12.
···
bgzimmer
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2016 - 1:58pm
Unfortunately the system is kinda broken right now, so we can't confirm.

[www.bandtoband.com]
···
Bloopy
7 years ago
Apr 24, 2016 - 2:17pm
17 steps. Longer links are more likely to work if you put the more outlying entry first:

[www.bandtoband.com]
© BandToBand.com
Mapping the Rock 'N Roll genome since 2005